Bullies & Birthdays

??? POV 

Walking to the back of the school, I noticed a commotion. Putting my headphones up, I tried to ignore it. I almost walked past, until I noticed what was the cause of the commotion. Taking my headphones off, I pushed through the students to get to the center of the crowd. There, against the wall, was Areum, hair being pulled, bruises along her arm and a cut across her lips. Before I could think about what I was doing, I had grabbed Areum and pulled her free of the student's grasp.

"Don't hurt her," I said, putting myself between her and the older kid.

"And what if I do anyways?" He tested me.

"Then you'll regret it," I stated while glaring at him. "I have friends who can and will destroy you if you touch Areum again."

"Well, they aren't here now are they, little one." He said, mocking my height. "You can't stop me."

His arm started to make its way around me and tried to grab for Areum. Before I knew it, I had acted on instinct. Then, I started to make a run for it, of course, taking Arem with me. We both ran inside the school and we stopped once we got inside an empty classroom. She was out of breath and was seemingly hurt.

"Thank you... for rescuing me back there." She said as she sat on a desk.

"No problem," I stated as I wiped my thumb over her blood-stained lips.

"You hit him," Areum stated.

"I had to, or else he would have hurt the both of us." I took a tissue and wiped my hands from her blood and helped her to wipe the blood away from her scars.

"Changbin," She said, making me look up at her. "Thank you, but please, be careful, they'll be out to get you."

"I will be," I said as I finished wiping up the last bit of blood on her arm. "Let's go."

I took her hand and got her out. It was still the lunch hour and it was obvious she had not eaten yet. So I took her to the cafeteria to where the boys and I normally sat. No one was there yet, but I figured they had already eaten or were just about to come by.

"I can get your lunch for you," I stated as I stood up, leaving her at the table.

Before I could leave, she grabbed my hand, making me turn back and look at her. She shook her head and told me not to. We argued for a while about me getting her food. "No, don't, I don't need you to." "Yes you do, I'm going to get your food." We were going back and forth until some of the boys started to show up. Jisung, Felix and Seungmin came and asked what was going. After explaining that I wanted to get her food, they pitched and told her to let me do so. She finally gave in and told me to go ahead and do so. However, she told me just to get a small portion as she did not like to eat a lot. I headed to the line, Jisung, Felix and Seungmin following.

By the time the four of us got back to the table, the other five boys were there, asking what had happened to Areum. She had already explained it to them once I had sat down. Lucky for the both of us, we did not have to explain again, since I had told the boys in line while she told the boys at the table. Each boy seemed to be concerned for her, but once I came by, they stopped asking the questions so that she could eat. I placed her tray in front of her and she smiled weakly at me.

Jeongin, Chan, Woojin, Hyunjin and Minho went to get their food while Seungmin, Felix, Jisung and I sat down with Areum.

~*~

Areum POV

"Happy Birthday!" I said, handing Hyunjin a gift bag.

He took the bag and smiled, thanking me as he put it down next to him, with all the other gift bags. He told me to sit down with him and the others on the mat they had placed on the ground. They picked a spot under a tree and by a pond. I sat down beside Hyunjin who was sitting with Jeongin. On my other side, Minho appeared.

Soon, all the boys started to come by, two by two. Woojin and Chan came from the convenience store with ice cream and sandwiches. Changbin and Felix came from playing with a ball out in the field. And finally, Jisung and Seungmin came from wandering around the park.

Minho handed me ice cream and I took it thankfully. He was still cold to me, though he was more open to me than to other people in our class. It was obvious that he cared. Maybe it was not obvious to everyone else, but as an observer of humanity, I noticed. He casually lay down beside me, his head eventually found its way to rest on my thigh. Chuckling, I leaned back a little on my hand and watched as he peacefully ate his ice cream while laying on me. The others looked at him and me and started to laugh a little too. Jisung scooted over to him and started to speak to him.

"I thought you didn't like touching people!" He said. "How can you touch her first and never touch me!"

"Oh, I touch you alright." He said, lifting himself up and flicking his head. "See? I touched you." Minho went back to laying on my thigh.

"Hey!" Jisung rubbed his forehead as he backed away.

The others laughed as they ate their ice cream and continued to talk. Well, eight out of the nine did. Minho ended up pretty much falling asleep once he finished his ice cream. I was kinda stuck where I was so I decided to make myself comfortable. I ended up just laying down on the mat, arm under my head, looking up at the cherry blossoms above me.

I heard the others' conversation but never joined. I kept silent as I watched the leaves of the tree wave in the wind. Suddenly, I felt movement down at my leg. Minho had started to roll over and soon enough, he was laying on my stomach. Some of the younger boys seemed to notice and started to laugh. Everyone else looked over to me and Minho and started to laugh a bit too.

"Are you okay, Noona?" Seungmin said as he chuckled.

"Sure I am." I smiled. "Do you guys wanna go run and hide? I'll put him on the mat and we can all run."

The younger ones nodded eagerly while the older ones decided to join anyways. They started to get up while I gently took Minho's head and put it on the mat. I smiled as he started to curl up. Looking up at everyone else, I told them to start running in groups of three to make sure to go with someone else so that no one got lost. They paired up and we all began to run off.

--------------------

Heh, how do you like it so far? Next chapter has something kinda cute guys *wiggles eyebrows*

Oh the funniest/cutest thing happened

I showed my younger brother the eliminations from Stray Kids and Minho's message and he cried!!!! Tbh, he started crying that that one Changlix moment... I had to tell him not to cry and that Minho and Felix would come back. He says it's still really sad though. So cute haha, strange thing is, he barely knows skz??? still cried anyways haha

Ps I watched it the day before he did for the third time and it still gets me... I cry... but not much tbh... I don't like crying sooooo

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you _Multih0e for supporting my book!