Awake

Hyunjin POV

Hwan and I waited for everyone to arrive so that we could all go into the hospital room together. There was an awkward silence between us two. That was probably on me. I decided I might as well get to know the guy. I asked how things even started between him and Areum. He seemed to be holding back a sigh. He told me they had met through Duri. Though it had already been pointed out that they were being forced into a relationship, they still kept it up. As if they actually did not mind it. It started by being forced, but ended in a real relationship. It seemed too real. I wondered if something else was going on that I had no idea about. Then again, I was probably overthinking things.

"Oh there you are!" Chan and Grace came our way. "You guys told us to come with you but you ran off!"

"Sorry." I said. "I just wanted to get there quickly. So did Hwan."

"It's alright." Grace smiled. "Where's everyone else?"

"They're going with Jeongin." I replied. "Actually, here they come now."

"Oh my gosh who found her?!?" Haneul ran up to me asking the questions. "She's alright?"

"Not sure, haven't seen her yet, and it was Woojin who found her." I replied, trying to calm the untamable Haneul. I looked over at Chan. He seemed to be a little salty that Haneul had gone to me, but there was nothing I could do about that.

I looked over to Minho, he seemed nervous and like he really wanted to speed things up. Jisung was beside him, trying to calm his nerves and to make him patient. Clearly, it was not working. We eventually got to the front desk and got Areum's room information. Quickly, we headed to the third floor and made it to the eighth room on the right. We went towards the door and I was the first one there, I opened the door, which was unlocked by a doctor who was exciting, to find Areum laying in the bed, eyes closed, one of her hands in Woojin's while Woojin caressed her forehead with his free hand. He looked up to see us and smiled.

"You're here." He said quietly. "She just fell asleep, you guys gonna stick around?"

"I am." Haneul said as she came over to Areum's side, taking Areum's other hand. "Oh, jeez! That's cold." She put Areum's hand back down. "How are you still holding her hand?"

"Got used to it?" Woojin shrugged. "Plus, I wanted to warm her hands up a little." He looked over to us. "Why are you guys just standing around?"

I shrugged and walked over. It was strange, the vibe felt like these were her last moments. Though they were not, and we knew that, it felt like it might just be her last. The others eventually gathered around and silently watched her. A few minutes later, Grace was the first one to speak up and say she had to leave. I watched as she gave Chan a goodbye hug and started to walk away. Turning to Haneul, I noticed that she had stiffened and turned her back on the two. Was something going on between them too? Hwan ended up saying that he would have to leave too because he had some sort of event going on with his family. He bid his goodbyes and left, leaving it to be Stray Kids, Haneul and Areum in the room.

Haneul went over to Woojin and pulled up a chair to sit with him. Jisung and Minho were leaning against the wall and quietly chatting. Minho seemed to be keeping his eye on Areum though. Felix and Seungmin were sitting by a wall on the ground watching something on Felix's phone. Jeongin was beside me and on his other side was Chan and Changbin. Chan and Changbin were absorbed in their own conversation and eventually made their way to a wall and sat against it. Jeongin did not move, neither did I. I looked over to him, he seemed really sad, I wanted to ask, but I knew him, he did not seem to want to talk right now. My eyes trailed to Areum's hand, still in Woojin's. A jealous feeling spurred up within me, but I chose to ignore it. I knew Hyung was doing this in a friendly or brotherly way. Either way, jealousy still sparked within me. My eyes were still trained on the hand when I noticed her hand moving slightly. She stirred and turned her head in Jeongin and my direction. Her eyes fluttered open slightly and she looked up at us.

I breathed out a sigh of relief. "You're okay."

~*~

Jeongin POV

My head perked up when Hyunjin spoke. Looking to Areum, I smiled. She looked at me, though her eyes were tired, she still seemed thrilled to see us around. Her hand reached out to me, instantly, I took it. It was freezing cold, though she had already been inside for a long time, her hands were still cold and a little stiff. Woojin looked up at her and smiled.

"I thought I told you to rest." He chuckled, getting everyone else's attention. They all came around and gathered around Areum. I let go of her hand as the others gathered. When I looked over to Woojin, his hand was still holding hers. As though he was afraid to let go.

"Oh my gosh, you're awake." Haneul put her hands on Areum's cheeks, then taking them back from the cold. "Jeez, why are you so cold?"

"I was out there for four days in the winter." Areum said softly. "Why else?"

"Fair, fair." Haneul smiled at Areum. "Aish, you had me so worried."

"Sorry." Areum said sincerely. Immediately after she apologized, Haneul, Jisung, Seungmin, Felix, Chan and I started telling her that she did not need to apologize. In fact, it was us who needed to be apologizing because we did not find her sooner. Though, she refused to accept our apologies because she believed that it was not our fault either. We all chatted with her until it was about 5:30 pm. She suggested that we get food from the hospital's cafeteria or elsewhere nearby. We all nodded and asked her what she wanted. She said she did not want anything. Typical Areum. I thought to myself. Everyone told her she needed to so she finally gave in.

"So who wants to stay with Areum while we get food?" Haneul asked, looking at the boys.

There was silence, but then two voices spoke up. "Me." I looked towards Hyunjin and Minho. Areum looked to them and then towards Haneul. There was a silence that fell upon all of us as we stared at Hyunjin and Minho shooting glares at each other. Eventually, Areum spoke up.

"You guys can all go." She said quietly. "I can stay by myself." She paused to look at Minho and Hyunjin. "Especially if it will stop you guys from fighting."

I looked over to the guys. Minho bit his lip and looked at both Hyunjin and Areum. After what seemed to be a minute of contemplating on what to do, he decided to speak up. "I'll just go get the food." He turned away and walked out, Jisung trailing behind him.

"You know... I guess I will too then..." Hyunjin sighed and walked away.

"So who will stay with her?" Haneul rose a brow. "We're back to square one. Minus three people though."

"I'll do it." Chan walked over to sit where Woojin had been sitting. "Woojin, you know what to get me." He smiled as we walked away.

Chan and Areum chatted a little bit, just as I was leaving, I heard Areum's question.

"So who is this... Grace girl?"

--------------------

I'm sorry if it's a little crappy. My online editor isn't working very well and it really helps me to better my story...

Rip I'm getting lazy on writing this right now. Like I have a lot of chapters backed up but I've been too lazy to write the ending, but I'll try for you guys.

Also, I will be posting a new SKZ ff! Perhaps tomorrow and I'll tell you about it on Wednesday!

Thanks Momo_asam for supporting this book!

See you in the next one.