Jump

Minho POV

"They've both disappeared on us." Jisung lay his head on my shoulder.

"I'm reading Hyunjin's note." I stated. "I don't care that it's his private note, I need to know where he ran off to." I picked it up and looked at it. A few guys gathered around me and waited for me to finish reading. "Guys..." I dropped the note.

Jisung lifted his head. "Wait, what's wrong, hyung?"

"She's going to jump." I muttered as I slipped my shoes on.

"She's going to what?!" Jisung tried to get an answer out of me.

"She's going to jump!" I shouted at him as I opened the door. Quickly, I ran out, not waiting for any of them to catch up.

In a hurry, I ran up the stairs, reaching the top in a matter of minutes. I opened the door to find Hyunjin already up here, cautiously stepping over to Areum who was vigorously shaking her head.

"Come down from there Areum." He was coaxing her away.

"I can't." Areum stilled where she was. "I can't Hyunjin!" She yelled. "I have to do this!"

"No, you don't!" The desperation in his voice became more evident. "You have us."

"You saw the note." She said. "All I have done is cause you trouble. Let me stop that."

"Do you hear yourself right now?" Hyunjin inched closer. "You sound insane."

"What if I am?" Her words started to get choppy as her tears got in the way. "What if I am, huh? I might just jump. I'm going insane."

"It doesn't have to be this way." Hyunjin stood where he was when he realized that Areum was stepping back when he stepped forward. "We're here for you. Please. Just come down from there. Let's talk it out."

"Hyunjin, no." She sniffled. "I miss them, I miss them bad. I'm lonely here, I'm trouble here too. They hate me... I hate me, Hyunjin... I hate me, can't I just end things?"

"No, you can't!" His voice was strained as he watched her. "They don't matter. We do. The guys, Haneul and I. Listen to what we have to say about us. Not them."

"I'm no good for you guys." She turned from us, turning back to the ledge.

"He's right." I spoke up, walking forward. "Don't do something you'll regret Areum."

She turned her head to me as her feet stilled. "That's why I'll jump."

"You'll regret being with us?" I tried to stall time as I signalled for Hyunjin to quietly make his way to Areum.

"No." She sighed. "I'll regret being the problem in your lives."

"You want to know what'll be the real problem?" I asked."None of us will be able to live with ourselves if you do this. Is that what you want?"

"No." She choked out. Suddenly, she was jerked back and away from the ledge. "Hyunjin!" She slapped Hyunjin's arm, but he refused to let go.

"Areum, stop." Hyunjin tried to hold her thrashing body, trying to escape us and go back. "If you jump, so will I." He held her and she eventually stilled. Letting her cry into his shirt, he stroked her hair. "Do you still want to?"

She did not respond and stayed in the position she was in, her body contracting and expanding unevenly as her breaths tried to stabilize. Hyunjin looked up at me and seemed to be asking me to say something. So I did.

"Areum." Her whimpers seized but she did not react otherwise. "We need you, Areum." I put my hand on her back. "I need you."

Hyunjin took over yet again. He got her to sit up on her own and gently forced her to look at him.

"Hey." He grabbed her hands and put them down. "Don't listen to those voices in your head." He said, wiping away her tears. "Listen to us."

"But it's hard..." She managed to get out.

"I know it is." He wiped away the last of her tears and stroked her hair. "Just try, okay? We'll be here for you, every step of the way."

She sighed and looked down again. "I'll get in your guy's way."

"How?" I asked. "We chose to be your friends. You should know all too well that if I didn't want to deal with you, I wouldn't be your friend right now."

"How about everyone else?" She remarked. "And you, I wouldn't know if it's true."

Hyunjin put his hand on her shoulder. "Just trust us."

Her eyes started to brim with more tears as she looked away from us. She refused to look up at us so both of us shut up until she seemed ready. Her breaths were ragged as she tried to collect herself. She seemed to be trying to stop her tears, trying to stay strong in front of us, but she could not.

"You don't have to hold it in." I said softly. "Don't be afraid to cry, you don't have to keep up a shield.

"Yeah, he's right." Hyunjin agreed. "Let it out."

She shook her head. "I just... can't... my mind is playing games with me, it's conflicted and telling me too many different things. I can't take it." She put a hand on her head for a moment before dropping it and looking up at us.

"I told you, don't listen to those voices. Just listen to us." I said, putting a hand on her back.

"Areum, we're here for you." Hyunjin took her hands. "Please, stop this."

"Please, Areum, think this through." I urged. "Is it worth it?"

I stood, taking Hyunjin with me. She watched us stand and looked at us confused. Hyunjin looked to me as well, probably thinking I was crazy. I stepped a few steps back and brought Hyunjin with me.

"If it is." I said. "If you really think it's worth it. Jump."

"Hyung, are you crazy?" Hyunjin nudged my arm.

"Just trust me." I whispered to him as we both looked at Areum. "You heard me," I said louder. "Jump if you think it's really worth it. Think carefully, there's no turning back if you do."

She stood and got up on the platform. She looked from us to the platform then to the city before her. My heart beat faster. Was I making a mistake?

--------------------

Happy New Year to some of you guys! I still have a few hours haha

Who saw SKZ's live on MBC??? That was the best live I've ever seen and the best way this year could have ended.

Love you all, thank you for the endless support and everything. By the way, I'll post the next chapter when it is midnight for me, aka at 12 (it's 11:30 am ish as I am posting it, so about 13 hours).

See you tonight!