Back Home

Hyunjin POV

My eyes trailed her. She ran past the gates and that was that. She was gone. Fingering the necklace around my neck, I smiled. It was saddening to see her go, but at least now I know that she would be in a better place. A place where she would not have the struggle of bullies. Sighing, I let myself be dragged away by Jeongin.

"You good, hyung?" He asked once he pried me from my place.

"Yeah. I'll be alright." He stopped me for a moment.

"You do realize you have been crying right?" His hand reached up to mine and wiped a tear away.

"What?" I looked at a reflective surface and found that I did have tears in my eyes. "Oh, I didn't notice. Let's just go... I can't stand this place anymore."

~*~

Minho POV

I hate this. Thoughts passed through my mind. Memories. It hurt. I hated seeing her go. The person I thought would be my forever, ended up leaving before we could start forever. As I watched her tear stained face, my heart hurt. She walked backwards and before I knew it, she turned and ran away again.

"Come on... We can't stay here until she comes back." Jisung grabbed my hand. "Let's go." He dragged me out and to the car.

Once in the car, most of the guys let out their silent tears. Big word: Most. By that I mean everyone except me, Woojin and Haneul. Haneul was holding them back and I knew it, but she did it well. I could already tell she would be a mess once she was alone. Then Woojin, he had no tears because he had to concentrate on driving us without killing us. And finally, me. I could not let my guard down. Who was I to let the girl of my dreams get to me? I should be strong. For her. I thought as I stared at my phone.

"Guys she sent something in the group chat." I said quietly. "A picture of her."

I stared at the image. She had taken a reflective image in the window of the airplane and to be honest, she was looking tired, weary but still cute. As I looked closer, I noticed the tears rolled down her cheeks and how weak her smile was. She did not want to leave either. We knew it, but she was gone now. Nothing else could be done to make her stay.

~*~

3rd Person POV

It was eerily quiet. These friends were the loudest of the bunch. Not today. The lunch table was quiet. Classes had been quiet. Nothing was happening. There was no "save someone from another person" or "we have practice, what should we do?" or "what's on your mind today?" It was silence. Even teachers and other students noticed. School was just ending and the gang was about to head to the cafe.

"Guys..." Haneul stopped in her tracks. "Oh my gosh!"

"What?" Chan was taken aback by her and stared at the crazed girl.

"She called!" Haneul jumped up and down as she answered the call, bringing it up to her ear. "Areum? Areum? This is you right?! You're alive... right!!!"

The boys gave each other a look before moving forward while Haneul and Areum were calling. Chan stayed close to Haneul just to make sure she did not hit something while being distracted with the call.

"Alright, I'll tell them. Yup. Okay, bye Areum." She ended the call and grabbed Chan's hand. "Guys get yourself drinks and let's go to the park. Areum wants to chat but she said not in the cafe because she knows that we would get kicked out for being loud."

They did just as told and walked to the park across the road. Finding a place beneath a tree, they sat and Haneul called Areum once more.

"Hi guys." Areum said as she stared into the camera. "How are you?"

"Missing you." Felix spoke up first. "But we're fine otherwise."

"Why is it so dark?" Changbin asked.

"Oh, it's night time right now. Almost... two in the morning." She laughed awkwardly.

"You should be sleeping!" Jeongin scolded. "Why are you awake?"

"First of all, jetlag. Second of all, because I wanted to chat with you." She set her phone down and had it at an angle while she typed away on a keyboard. "Sorry guys, I have things to do right now but I can still talk with you while doing my work, if that's alright."

They chatted for quite some time and as they were, someone burst through Areum's door. The group got surprised at another person on screen.

"Oh, hey! The name's Jordan. I'm Areum's friend and she's at my place right now." He smiled. "You guys must be the group she won't stop talking about. Stray Kids right? Oh and of course, Haneul." A pause was in the air as Jordan stared at Areum. "What are you doing up at four AM? Hm? You seriously need me to put you to bed?"

"No! I just want to talk with my friends." She pouted. "Please?"

"Fine, but I'll be here just because I want to make sure you sleep." He said, making himself comfortable on Areum's bed.

"By the way guys." Areum chuckled when she heard snoring interrupt her. "Don't mind him." She looked away from the sleeping Jordan to the group. "Thanks for all the gifts." Areum looked at the time. "We've been chatting for three hours now. I should go." They said their goodbyes and ended the call. Before completely leaving her phone, Areum went to her messages with each person and sent them a picture of her with the gifts.

"Hyung..." Hyunjin stared over Minho's shoulder. "You gave her a ring?"

"I..." Minho paused, staring at the image. "I did."

"You'll see her again someday. You'll see that ring on her finger I bet." He pet Minho's shoulder and walked away.

Sighing, Areum stared at the word read under her message to Minho. She set the phone down and went over to her bed, getting in beside Jordan.

I promise I'll come back. I promise.

THE END

--------------------

And this concludes the story! 

How'd you like it? 

Unsatisfactory ending? I actually have "bonus" chapters waiting to be published ;). This is how I plan on making it work: For every ______ of reads, I will post a new chapter. Or if I feel like it, I will post a new chapter. I haven't chosen the number of reads because I feel like 1k is too much (though it happens really fast for this story) but 100 is too little because I would have to post every day if that was the case. Comment down below if you can think of a reasonable amount of reads. :)

FYI: bonus chapters have nothing to do with the storyline. They are just like what is happening after the story has ended and it is not any more of a falling action or whatever. It is just extra stuff to see what the characters would be like and stuff.

Thank you to GirlWhoCriedKpop for supporting this book!

I love y'all, thanks so much for supporting my book! I hope you've enjoyed it! Please do tell me what you thought of the book and what I can do to improve it!

(P.S. I will post an extra chapter about the bonus chapters probably and stuff about thanking you guys again)