Lies

3rd Person POV

Areum was walking down the street, she felt bad for leaving without a word, but it was not like anyone noticed anyways. She pulled her jacket around her more and headed towards the cafe that she had once always loved. Until she had to regularly meet there for things she never wanted to do. She felt her phone vibrate in her pocket, taking her phone out, she looked at the texts she was getting from Haneul.

Kim Haneul
Where are you?

Areum
Just needed a breather.

Kim Haneul
They aren't reading over my shoulder.
You don't have to lie.

Areum
I'm serious, I'm just taking a breather.

Kim Haneul
Are you lying?

Areum
No... now go enjoy your time with Chan, yeah?

Kim Haneul
Don't you bring him into this -.-

Areum
Go~ just enjoy your time ;)

Kim Haneul
Fine

Areum sighed as she put her phone away. She had lied, it did make her feel a little bad, but it was better than bringing Haneul or the boys into her situation. She made her way into the cafe, going to the table where the people she was the meet sat.

"Hi Areum." The girl said, gesturing her to sit.

"Hi." She said simply as she sat.

"Want a drink?" The girl across from her passed her the menu.

"Number 6." Areum replied, not even looking at the menu. "Please."

"Ah, green tea?" The girl put her hand up to the waiter passing by and ordered for both of them. "What makes you pick that?"

Areum shrugged. "I just like it." Truthfully, she always picked that drink after Jisung had picked it for her a while back. It just become something she did regularly.

"Okay, anyways, let's cut to the chase." The girl brought her hand up to stare at her nails before looking back at Areum. "Have you been getting distant?"

"I have..." Areum replied, heaving a sigh. "Haneul too."

"Good." She gave Areum a curt nod. "Now, we should bring Hwan back into this yeah?"

"Can we not?" Areum asked. "First, the guys already know what happened with that, but also, he doesn't deserve to get into this a second time."

She rolled her eyes. "Asking for so much, Areum." She pursed her lips. "But fine, you bring up a good point. I know someone, I'll use him instead."

Sighing, Areum nodded. "Why does it matter to you so much that you can be with them?"

She shrugged. "You know, I'm not even doing this so much for myself anymore." The girl watched as the waiter came by with their drinks. "I'm doing this more for my friends."

"They must be really into the guys then." Areum said as she thanked the waiter for her drink. "Too obsessed."

The girl let out a breath. "You could say that." She drank her drink. "I'm really just doing this because I can't afford to loose my reputation, you know?"

It was Areum's turn to roll her eyes. "I'd rather lose my reputation than lose the good in me." She rose a brow as she sipped on her drink.

The girl sucked in a sharp breath. "You're lucky we're in public right now." She muttered.

The two girls sat in silence. Areum eventually took out her phone to see multiple notifications on her phone. The boys had started texting her, asking where she was. Areum put her drink down and began to to text one of them back. Just as she was about to the send the message, the girl in front of her grabbed her attention.

"Who are you texting hm?" She said, eyeing Areum.

"Someone." Areum mumbled as she pressed send and put her phone down.

"It's one of the boys isn't it?" She scoffed. "And here I thought you were listening well."

"They were just asking where I was, okay?" Areum stared at her. "I had to respond or else they would be on my back about it."

"Yeah, yeah, whatever." The girl rolled her eyes. "Do you like one of them?"

Areum bit her lip. "No."

"Are you sure?" The girl leaned in.

"Yes." Areum replied bluntly. "Can we just continue with what we really came here for?"

"Ugh, fine." She leaned back in her chair. "So, I'll get you another boy, and you better no mess up this time. Make them believe that your time is occupied and leave them when you can... make Haneul do that too."

"I don't think she can do that." Areum bit on her lip a little harder.

"She likes one of them?" The girl rose a brow. "Well if she likes Chan or something, that isn't a problem, none of my friends are after him, because y'know, I used to be, but I don't have much interest anymore."

"Okay, well she isn't going to ditch them either way." Areum said as she grabbed her drink and took a sip.

"Alright, if you say so." The girl gave her a curt nod before getting up and putting on her coat and grabbing her phone and purse. "See you later Areum." She paused. "Don't fail me this time."

"I won't..." Areum said with a sigh. "Bye Duri."

---------------------

guys omg this book got 2nd place in the kpop category of the fanfiction awards... AHHHHH

I've been pretty stressed lately but I just got the biggest thing that was stressful over with yesterday so I'm... "relaxed"

It snowed where I'm at tho... -.- can I please have autumn?

Anyways, cya in the next one!

Edit: 2/14/2020

So like I said in the Chapter "Kisses" I will be adding some shout outs because I can't seem to catch up on them.

The shout out goes to Mlkyjhs! Thank you for showing your support! :)