Stress

3rd Person POV

Apparently, all the guys had wound up in something that Areum would disapprove of. She really hated that the boys had to go through so much, resorting to violence because of her. A week had passed and things only escalated with everyone moment. It started with Minho, then there was Jisung, followed by Jeongin. It went on until each boy had been involved somehow, whether it was because they were defending her, Haneul or the whole group. Grace had gone back to Australia at this point and she was safe from the harm, for the most part.

Things only got harder for Areum. She was stressed, tired, and still hurting. Her father's birthday had passed and she had cooped herself up again that day. It took a while for Jihoon to coax her out of her house again afterwards. Once she had that day of being alone for the most part, things started up again.

The boys were still involved in things she did not want them to be involved in. Things still happened behind their back. She was still being threatened, being hurt more often too. Haneul eventually was not able to help her either. She had gotten busy and to add to being busy, she had a boyfriend to keep up with. Unfortunately, Areum started to stop seeking help from her in fear that she was getting in the way. They were still friends, but it was quite obvious that they were distant. Not just those two, but also her and the guys.

The boys got busier; there were only three rounds left. This meant that Areum was busy too, afterall, she was their trainer. Often, they asked if she was ever stressed, and of course, she lied. They bought her lies, seemingly unable to know how to tell if she were being truthful or not.

Hyunjin and Minho were still continuously arguing. They would try not to for Areum's sake but she always found out about it anyways, so they gave up on hiding the fact that they were not getting along and would argue and fight right in front of her.

Jeongin still came to her for advice, they were still close. He would talk about how he saw his mother and the times that he would see her again. They never did talk, but often saw each other anyways. Additionally, he would talk about Eunji with Areum. Areum was always happy to listen.

All of a sudden, the dongsaengs started to fight for her attention too. First it was Seungmin just being needy of her attention, but soon, Jisung and Felix got involved and Jeongin would partake in this too every once in awhile.

Woojin and Chan remained like older brothers to her, they did not fight for her attention, but always pestered her by being slightly overprotective. They often told her different things too. "Ah, get some rest, homework can wait." Chan would tell her. "Better to get over and done with." Wooji would end up saying. Which one was she supposed to listen to?

Changbin and Felix would also often be found talking a lot with Areum. When she was supposed to be studying for an important test, Changbin would drop by and fill up her time. When she was studying in the library, Felix would come by and talk with her.

She was getting tired and needed time to herself but she would never say that that was what she needed. The Christmas season was also about to start. Meaning it would get even busier for everyone. Hopefully, things would get better for her.

~*~

3rd Person POV

"What do you want for Christmas?" Jeongin sat by his hyungs and Areum in the cafe.

"Nothing." Areum mumbled as she continued to type on her phone.

Woojin took her phone away from her, earning a small glare from her which turned into an okay, whatever. I don't care face. "How could you want nothing for Christmas?"

She shrugged and looked at each of us. "I'm not one to care for gifts."

"Well, for someone who doesn't care, you happen to care a lot about getting gifts to us." Changin retorted.

"Let me correct myself." She paused and cleared her throat. "I'm not one to care about receiving gifts."

"You do realize we'll get you stuff anyways right?" Chan chuckled. "Just like your birthday."

"Figured." She simply said, sipping on her green tea.

"What are you gonna do for the Christmas break?" Minho asked out of the blue.

All of them gave similar answers, they would be staying home for the most part. In the end, Chan suggested that they all meet up somewhere. Just then, the rest of the maknae line came.

"What took you so long?" Areum said, eyeing each one of them.

"We ran into a mishap." Hyunjin rubbed the nape of his neck.

"What was it this time?" Woojin's brow rose. None of them said anything. Woojin looked over to Jisung, knowing he would break the quickest. "Jisung?" Woojin crossed his arms.

"Okay, okay!" Jisung rose his hands in defeat. "We got sent to detention."

"Why?" Changbin sat up, now intrigued.

"They probably were standing up to some group..." Areum sighed "As per usual."

"Is she wrong?" Minho's eyes went from Areum to the boys, earning a slow nod from them all. To his left, he heard Areum groan, he looked over to see her massaging her temples.

"How many times do I have to say this..." She looked up at them. "Please do not get yourselves involved when it comes to these things."

"But Areum~" Seungmin whined. "You know we care and we can't help it!"

"Please try." She stood up and grabbed her drink. "I'm going home now, see you later." She walked out of the cafe, leaving them to wonder if she had been aggravated.

The boys sat or stood in silence as they watched her walk away. Eventually, Hyunjin took it upon himself to go after her. He put his bag down and walked out the door. He looked down the street for her. He neared a crowd, thinking that whatever was the center of the crowd was none of his business. As he walked past, he saw the cause of the crowd. He pushed his way through to the middle. In the midst of it all, the other boys had come out and were behind him. All eyes were on them.

--------------------

Guys I'm sad, school started and I already have 3 assignments and I'm tired.

Please enjoy though, starting today, I decided I will only post on Wednesdays to help myself with homework and such. I hope it's alright.

Enjoy!

Edit: 2/14/2020

So like I said in the Chapter "Kisses" I will be adding some shout outs because I can't seem to catch up on them.

The shout out goes to Felixukangaroooooj! Thanks for supporting this book!