Rooftop Scene

Seungmin POV

I was up at the roof again. Finally, I had gotten away from everyone. All I wanted was peace and quiet. Just a few minutes. Just until I had to go home. My earbuds were in and I was listening to some new group. I had heard of a group that was about to debut in a few weeks. To be honest, I was not so sure about what I felt about the group, but I could tell that I would at least like them. They were debuting on September 7th. Unfortunately, I could not come to the debut performance but I could still stream some music. If it really was worthy of it.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps broke through my thoughts. There were quite a few and I decided that it would be in my best interest to walk to the corner so they would not see me. I did not know who it was after all. Taking out one of my earbuds, I decided to listen in and see if I could figure out who they were without going over to them and making myself seen.

"She better be up here." They said.

"We need to teach her a lesson." Another voice rang out.

"She can't be around those kids, you know?" Another replied. "She has to keep her hands off of them. They're mine."

Confused, I continued to listen to their conversation. Eventually, I got around to understanding what they were talking about. They were talking about the hyungs, Jeongin and me. There was a girl getting in their way or something like that. I turned to them, from my corner. Of course, they did not see me.

"Ah, so you did show up." The one who seemed to be the leader stepped up with her arms crossed, facing the door.

I could not see who it was but I continued to watch from a distance as more conversation happened. The person in the door never replied, but the others in the group rambled on. They started by talking "nicely." in other words, they had a fake niceness and it was super obvious.

"You know..." The leader said. "You seem to be really good friends with those nine." She circled whoever it was that was being targeted.

Abruptly, the leader grabbed the target's hair and pushed her up against the wall that kept people from falling off the roof. Still, I could not see who it was. I wanted to help out, but I did not think I could. I knew exactly what to do in this kind of situation. Call the gang.

~*~

Areum POV

My body was in a tight space. I was still against the wall, in fear that they may push me over the ledge. I did not fight. I did not want to die by falling off the school's roof. My eyes wandered the place, trying to keep my eyes away from my bullies. In the corner, I saw a boy on his phone, looking at us, probably trying to see who was in the midst of all the chaos, trying to see me. He seemed to be calling for someone while trying not to get noticed. After that two second glance, I moved on to looking somewhere else, in fear that I may hint at another person here and have him in danger. This went on for quite some time. The people around me were telling things such as. Stay away from them! And what gives you the right to be around them huh? And all sorts of things about the boys. Little do they know, I am their trainer and good friend that is not trying to use them in any way. They told me to say something, but I just could not. My voice was caught in my throat.

"Tell us something!" The leader yelled at me. "Why are you their friend? You know you aren't worthy of that right?"

"Actually." There was a hand on the leader's shoulder. "She is very much worthy of it." His other hand grabbed the leader's hand that was in my hair and pulled it away before facing her. "Unlike you."

Changbin, Hyunjin, Woojin and Minho made a barrier between the bullies and me. Jisung, Jeongin, Felix and Seungmin were on the outside of the semi-circle making it so that they could not go away. Chan was in the center of it all, with me, between the leader and me. They all seemed to be pretty confident in keeping me protected, while the bullies were starting to back away like cowards. Unfortunately for them, the dongsaengs were in their way.

"Don't mess with her again," Changbin said, anger in his eyes.

"If you do," Felix said with his low voice. "You'll be in trouble."

"W-we won't." The leader nodded, not looking at any of us.

"Now leave her be." Chan stood there, waiting for them to leave.

It started with the leader, she walked past Chan and to the door which lead downstairs. The other people, her possy, followed. Finally, the last person was leaving, he looked back at me apologetically and left. He must have been forced into that gang. Suddenly, a great feeling of sorrow hit me. I felt bad for that group. It seems as though quite a few of them were forced into that group. I could just see it in their eyes. Yes, there was the leader and the few that actually were like that, but it seemed like a few did not want to be. Who knows how many more of them could be forced into that kind of thing.

"Areum?" Jeongin was suddenly in front of me. I had not seen him come up to me.

"Yeah, Jeonginie?" My gaze shifted from looking at the door to his face.

"You're okay right?" He watched my nod. "Call us if you need help next time, please tell us next time. It's a good thing Seungmin was up here to call us."

My gaze dropped to the ground and I hummed in response. "I don't need you guys to help me next time." I walked past all of them, out the door and down the stairs, regretting what I had just said.

~*~

Woojin POV

We watched her walk past us. It had been a week since the rooftop mishap. She was not angry at us, but she refused to let the topic come up. She continued to train us, and she continued to train herself in her spare time. We were about to start getting ready for the third round, which was in a few days. The round that determined whether we would be eligible for the big competition that gave us a chance to potentially go to a company and train there for a while. It was temporary training, not like we would debut, but it is always good to get some criticism, which each of us wanted so that maybe one day, we could all debut.

"Wait, Areum!" I snapped out of my thoughts and ran after her.

"What?" She said, not turning around, but stopping in her tracks.

"Come, sit with us!" I started to walk up to her.

"Can't Woojin." She turned her face slightly, but not all the way to me. "I have somewhere to be."

--------------------

Oooo Dramaaaa ;)

Today is my best friend's birthday so I would like to dedicate the next few chapters to her! She was the one who introduced me to Stray Kids and I am so thankful that she did! Uchiha9TailedFox, 사랑해!

Also, I'm sorry about the beginning, that's meant to be Day6 but I don't really know very much about how their debut worked so... I guessed.

See you in the next one!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you Jibooty-stan-4-eva for supporting my book! (I am unsure if I tagged you more than once, if I did, please let me know!)