Closer to the Edge

FINAL WARNING do not read if you are sensitive to these things! The next 3 chapters are extremely intense and I have never written such a serious chapter that was published so take your chances. If at any point you feel like you can't take it, please stop reading. I won't judge you and I am sure no one else would, so don't try and read it if it makes you feel bad. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

Woojin POV

"Hasn't she been gone too long?" Minho murmured beside me.

"She said it herself." I nudged him. "It was a girl thing. You know-"

He cut me off. "TMI, TMI." He put his hand up. "It's been 10 minutes already though."

"Well, maybe something just happened." I shrugged. "Let's not intrude, okay?" I tried to convince him that she was fine.

"Hyung, do you think something was off about her tonight?" He suddenly asked.

"I think most of us thought that." I said as Felix and Jeongin came round, agreeing with me.

"Shouldn't we be worried then?" He asked.

"Look, it probably was a girl thing." I tried to reason. "Maybe that's why she was off."

He seemed to be lost in thought. "But..." He shook his head. "Maybe you're right."

I sighed as we ended the conversation. In reality, I was trying to reason with myself as well. Sure, I thought she was okay, but I was not sure. I was worried, but I did not want to worry the dongsaengs more than they might already be. I kept these thoughts to myself only because I did not want to scare them. However, in my own mind, I was freaking out about why she was so different tonight.

"Oh my gosh." I heard Hyunjin whisper as he looked at his envelope.

"Yah, you weren't supposed to open that." Seungmin slapped him lightly, but he did not respond, too immersed in the note.

Hyunjin gasped and dropped the note and envelope. Running to the door, he grabbed his shoes, not even bothering to put them on properly, he opened the door and ran out.

"What was that all about?" Felix looked at me with wide eyes.

"I don't know..." I started to feel even more worried. "This can't be good."

~*~

Areum POV

The tears were streaming fast and steady. I looked at the view before me. My heart pounded in my chest. Was I really going to do this? I dropped my things on the platform as I sat down before I did more. Taking out my phone, I looked at the time. 11:46 it read. Putting it down, I decided on exactly how I wanted to do this.

"Areum, are you really doing this right now?" I asked myself. "Of course you are. They don't need you. They never will. It won't matter if you do. No one here cares for you. You heard what Duri and Kyunghee said too. They'll never care. You never meant anything to them, Areum." My tears ran faster. "They... will... never..." I choked on my tears. "Care."

I sobbed into my own hands. Looking up for a moment, I hiccuped while looking up at the sky. "It's a late Christmas present I guess." I paused as I hiccuped with tears. "But dad, I miss you so much." I stood up, hands shaking as I did so. "Mom, you left me alone and I need you." I used one hand to wipe a few tears away, but they just kept falling. "Jeonghui... Yeongsoo... I'm coming... I'll be there soon. We'll all be together again." I stepped upon the platform, shaking as I let myself do what I was about to do.

All the memories came rushing past me. Everything about my life. I had been thinking about my life for quite some time now. The same question would always come back to me. Is it better if I die? Leaving was going to be stressful. If I did this, there would be no worries about moving away. No wanting to go back. No complications.

Would just ending things now be better for them too? If I left, they would no longer have to deal with the people who hurt me, causing conflict with them. If I left, they had one less person to worry about. If I left, they would be okay. I knew they would be. They did not need me. Did they? I shook my head. No, Areum, don't be stupid. Of course they don't need you.

I sank low for a moment to look at the time. 11:50. Sighing as I stood, I took one good look at everything. My plan was to jump at 12. Only ten minutes to go.

My tears continued to run speedily and as I thought about finally being able to stop, I started to laugh. Why? I was going hysterical. I looked at the time, seven minutes left. I began to stand up again. Sad laughs and whimpers leaving my lips as I turned around to face the ledge where I would climb before I jumped.

"I'm sorry." I said aloud. "I just can't take this anymore." I said as I stepped yet another step closer. Just as I was about to take a few more steps, the door banged open.

"Areum!" The voice called out. "Get down from there!"

~*~

Hyunjin POV

As fast as I could, I ran up the steps. Why only stairs for the rooftop? I huffed as I continued to run. I knew I did her wrong by reading the note, but my curiosity had taken the best of me. Next to that, something had been off the entire night and I just had to read it. Something seemed to be telling me to. Once I saw the five words I can't take it anymore. I knew this was bad. I felt tears starting to brim my eyes, but I wiped them away as I went up there.

In the note, I had read, Hyunjin, you've been an amazing person to me. I'm sorry that you had to give me up. I'm sorry for causing the trouble in the first place. I wish I never got between you. If I never came, this would never have happened. I shouldn't have caused it. If I never existed, nothing would be the way it is. I'm sure everything would have turned out for the better. I'm so sorry Hyunjin. I love you guys. Please don't mourn. Don't be sad. I'll always love you guys, you can keep me in your hearts. Goodbye for the very last time. My heart hurt reading that section of the note. It hurt even more as I recalled it.

Finally, I was up at the roof. Out of breath, I slammed the door open to see Areum already standing on the platform, already heading towards the ledge. I yelled out to her and she turned. As she looked at me, my heart shattered.

"Why..." I let the tears fall. "Why Areum?"

"I'm sorry Hyunjin." She was choking on tears.

"How could you?"

——————————
Dun dun dunnnnn

Thank you so much for 10k! That's insane! Ily

Who made it this far?

2020 is almost here *gasp* maybe a new story to come out for 2020? What do you think?

See you tomorrow! For some of you, see you in 2020!!