I'll See You Again

Areum POV

I could not stay longer. Had I done that, one, I would be late, two, I would have been a balling mess. There I sat, on the plane. We were not taking off quite yet. Actually, no where close to taking off, but I figured it would be better to be there early in one piece rather than there broken. Quietly, I was on my phone. None of the guys had texted me. Haneul had though.

Haneul
I miss you alreadyyyyy
You shouldn't have run, but it's okay, I understand.
They're all crying now... help me.

Areum
Sorry Haneul
Send me a picture of them
I'll send one back

Haneul
[Picture of SKZ crying in the car]

Areum
Awww, those babies look heart broken

Haneul
Girl they are!
Now send something back, they're expecting a pic.

Areum
[Picture of Areum's reflection in the airplane window.]

Turning off my phone, I set it down and looked out the window. That was when I remembered the gift. Grabbing the bag from below me, I took out the photo album. I found multiple pictures and my heart felt happy looking through them.

"Hello, the name's Mark." A boy sat beside me. "I'm sitting here for the flight. I hope I don't bother you today."

"Don't worry about it." I smiled while closing the book and resting it on my lap. "I'm Areum." Both our heads turned to see the flight attendant speaking. Of course they started with simple introductions so I took that time to go to the group chat.

Areum
About to take off. Text you when I'm there
Love you guys. <3

I put my phone on airplane mode and set it back in my bag after silencing it. Intently, I listened to the flight attendant and before we knew it, we were in the air.

"Well, you've got some nice friends." Mark said when he had caught a glimpse of a picture in the photobook.

"O-oh, yeah." I smiled. "Anyways, where are you headed?"

"Canada." He shrugged. "I'm supposed to debut but my company gave us a month off to relax ourselves before we start to prepare for our debut. So I'm going home."

"Oh nice. I'm headed there too. I came here for studies but I'm going back." Closing the book, we continued to converse.

The flight attendants came around and gave us our drinks and snacks. We spoke together for a while but soon night fell and Mark had fallen asleep beside me. Taking my earbuds and my phone, I started to play the music I had downloaded earlier for the flight. Bringing up the book, I began to flip through the pages. While going through, something fell into my lap. The overhead light illuminated the object. Taking it up, I realized it was a stack of polaroids. Looking at the message on the page, I came to the realization that Seungmin had given me polaroids of us two together.

Going through a few more pages, another object was placed in the book. A keychain with a C and A was there. It came from Changbin. A bookmark came from Woojin, a customized one with a picture of us two on it. A charm bracelet came from Jisung, one of the charms, I noticed, was a cup that looked the same as the cafe cups. There were earrings from Chan which had music notes on them. Felix put in one of his favourite pictures of us for me to put in my wallet. Jeongin had put in a decorated polaroid with an image of him in it.

"This is so sweet." I whispered while going through more of the book. "Aw, Haneul..." A locket was found and it was beautiful. Her note said that she had the same one. "What's this?" I said as I was about to put on the necklace. A small gasp left my lips. "This isn't mine... where did this come from?" As I flipped through the book with the question in my mind, I found a note that answered it.

It was from Hyunjin. He told me that he was planning to sneak the necklace on me or in my bag and it was special. He told me about what made it special and that only made me smile. Setting Haneul's necklace back in its packet, I decided on using Hyunjin's one for the time being. Thoroughly searching the pages once more, I wanted to make sure I did not miss something. As I was reaching the last page, I found a special pouch.

Dear Areum. The note beside it read. Thank you for being a light in my life. I'm gonna miss you so much. I don't have a lot to say. Mainly because I don't wanna cry on this paper, but I want you to have this. It is a symbol of promise. Can you promise me that you'll return to me? ~Minho.

As I looked inside the pouch I gasped quietly. Delicately, I brought out the object. There is no way. I stared at it. In awe, I felt a tear brimming my eye as I slipped the ring onto my middle finger. I'm gonna miss you. I'll see you again some day....

--------------------

Heyy, how are you enjoying the last few chapters?

Thank you so much for 18k!

I would like to thank Comet_Knight_8A2NE1 for supporting my book. :)

See you in the next one!

Feb 3, 2023 update: for the nct fans, i've got a nct jeno ff  on @neochaoscity called ameliorate 💚