Dance For Us

Areum POV

I stood in the doorway. In awe, I watched the nine perform three dance choreos beautifully. Once they finished, I clapped. I could not seem to clap faster, I was in such awe at this talent that I could only clap slowly. They finally realized that I was there and soon enough, Jeongin had come up to me and embraced me. Laughing, I hugged him back until he let go. The others greeted me and I greeted them back. They began to talk about how they had not seen me in a long time. They were not wrong. I had been a little distant lately because of our exams coming up. It was the end of this semester in about a month and I was trying to study as hard as I could so that I could make my mom proud. Before I knew it, the conversation went elsewhere. They began to start asking me- no, begging me to dance. I tried to refuse, but it was nine against one. What could I do about it?

"A choreo I made or learned or a cover of another choreo from Youtube?" I asked as I got up to the front.

"Show us both!" Seungmin said eagerly.

Shrugging, I agreed and went over the computer that was connected to the speakers. Opening two tabs, I found the songs that I wanted to dance to. Hyunjin got up and went over to the computer that he could play the music for me while I went to the middle of the dance floor.

~*~

Minho POV

I sat in awe. Areum was an amazing dancer. I could not believe that I never caught on. She danced to some English song, it was catchy and her dance was great too. Though she only did part of the song and not the full thing, it was still really amazing to watch. Her body moved with precision, and she had great control over her body too. Not only was she able to do the dance wonderfully, and she was able to convey such amazing emotions through it too. Clearly, she had mastered the ability to show her passion through her dance. Though I did not understand the lyrics, I was able to understand the story and what she was trying to say about the song. Quickly, I realized that it was a partner or group dance. Yet, it seemed perfect when she was alone. She did not need anyone else. She could do it all on her own and no one could stop her.

Once it ended, the next song started playing. I recognized it and watched as she quickly got into position to dance. I was stunned. How in the world was she able to do such a dance. I could not tell what kind of person she was. One moment, she had a somewhat sad song going on and was super soulful about it. Now, she was dancing her heart out and having fun while being aggressive and still showing the same passions of dance. Then there was the Areum that I knew in real life, and so much more. My brain was so confused. My heart beat fast as I watched her do the full choreography with such intensity. As she moved, I felt my heart beating faster and faster. What was happening to me? I put a hand over my heart to feel it beating. This never happens to me! Is she making my heart.... Flutter? I stared in awe at her as I contemplated on whether she was making me... fall for her. Was I? My eyes looked to the mirror before looking back at her. Could the Lee Minho be falling for someone?

~*~

Changbin POV

She stopped dancing and I applauded. She was truly amazing. My mind started to go back to that one time we met up, when she was wearing such a dark inspired outfit. The thought made me smile. I do not know why. Something about her was intriguing and I really was intrigued. She seemed to be the type who had this "I'm a good kid, that star student... but I can be a real pain, a boss and a rebel when I want to be." kind of vibe; and I was really into that. I really had no idea that I had such an interest in Areum. She was cooler than I thought. Though she could not stand up for herself, she sure could show a scary side to her close friends. I started to think back to when she told us about her father and brothers. She must be one tough cookie. The fact that she has not been so down in the dumps about it amazes me. I have seen her cry, I would assume it was because was recollected her memories with her family. She cried on the balcony. I remember exactly what had happened.

"Bin," Minho said. "Look out there."

"What?" I looked out the window to see a girl on the balcony, head down as she leaned on the balcony rails. "What about her?"

"New neighbour right?" Minho said, standing up and walking to the door to get a better view of her.

"No duh," I replied watching him, wondering why he was interested. "Why the sudden interest?"

"Dunno." He shrugged and watched her carefully. "Something's up with her th- Oh my! Bin!"

Rapidly, I stood and got next to him. There, I saw that she had practically collapsed. Well, not really, she was on the floor in tears. She was clearly in distress. I could tell that she was not tired. She was not sick. Rather, she was sad, and weak, not physically, but mentally. She was struggling with something, but I did not know what it was. She had her head in her hands and her shoulders rose and fell as she cried into her hands. Minho nudged me, telling me to go out and comfort her. I asked why he would not. He told me he was not the type to. That he would make things worse. In my opinion, I think both of us would have ruined her night. Then, he decided to tell me that I had to because I was younger. I heaved a sigh and went out to see what was going on. When I got out there, I did not hear tears. She was keeping her cries silent. Now I understood why she covered her face. She was trying to block the sound coming from her mouth. After a few minutes, when her tears died down, I decided to say something.

"Hello?" I said as I turned to her. "Miss, are you okay?"

I saw her tear stained face once she lifted her head. "Oh, I'm sorry." She stood and bowed deeply. "I didn't mean to disturb your evening." She wiped the tears off of her face, trying to cover up her face in the process.

"Don't worry about it." was my reply, maybe it was a little cold. "Just... go inside, it's almost 9 and we have school tomorrow." I turned away and walked towards the door.

I headed inside and past Minho, who turned back to lock his balcony door. I watched his actions from a distance. The girl and he made eye contact. He chuckled, probably smirked too. Then waved, giving a slight nod and he let his blinds down, closing them so that there was a barrier between them. Peeking through, I saw her turn to her door and leave the balcony.

She was back at it again the night that the boys, Areum and I had met up. That time, I had been inside and saw her run out to the balcony. Soon enough, her tears were flowing again. Instead of collapsing like last time, she looked at me. Confused, she kept her gaze steady. Finally, I realized that she was watching me, so I decided to put on my stone cold face. Mouthing the words, I'll see you, tomorrow miss, I left the window and went to my room.

I never knew it had been her. I wondered if Minho did. My eyes went over to look at my hyung. He was sitting on the ground, watching Areum from a distance while she interacted with Chan and Hyunjin. He seemed to be looking at her intensely, but not in an angry way... it seemed to be a curious one. He really seemed to be interested in her. Well, that's new. I thought to myself as I kept looking at him. What could be going through his head right now?

---------------------

Alright, so today and tomorrow I think I'll post more than once but after that, I will be posting maybe once or twice a week?

Please show your support for this book!

See you in the next chapter!

Update 5/22/2020: Since I have so many people supporting my book (THANK YOU) I will be doing the shout outs in chapters that came before when the shout outs started. Thank you <3

Thank you starrynight357 for supporting my book!