•16~ A Promise•

After Kaneki bought you home, he suggested that he stayed to look after you. You liked the idea, so you let him. It'd be nice to have some company as well.

Once in your house, Kaneki closed your door and locked it with your keys, placing them somewhere after.

You leaned on your wall and put your head down, gagging.

Kaneki quickly lead you to your bathroom, where you ran inside and threw up. You were in there for a good five minutes.

{Kaneki's POV}

I had no clue what was wrong with Y/n. How did a small cake do this to her?

This can't be it, there has to be something else that made her this way.

She's feeling ill and tired. What was going on?

A few things crossed my mind, but they didn't really seem likely.

I stood outside and waited for Y/n to finish whatever she was doing.

My eyes looked up as I heard the bathroom door open. I saw Y/n, looking pale and exhausted. I hated seeing her like this.

"Do you want to go to sleep?" I asked her.

She didn't say anything, instead, she nodded slowly.

I nodded back and walked over to her, picking her up in a bridal style.

She just layed in my arms, as if she was dead, which scared me.

"Do you want me to stay here?" I asked, looking down at her.

"P-please..." She wheezed, closing her eyes after.

I nodded and begun walking to her bedroom. All I wanted was for her to get better.

After walking into her room, I gently layed her down on her bed. She got under the sheets and breathed heavily, shutting her eyes as she hugged the sheets.

Despite how she was, she looked adorable hugging onto her sheets.

"K-ken..." She wheezed, making me look over at her.

I walked over to her bed and crouched down, looking into her eyes that now didn't hold much colour.

"What is it?" I whispered, reaching over and caressing her cheek.

"T-thank... You." She whispered, smiling weakly.

My heart melted at that. I smiled back and replied, "It's alright, my love. Get some rest."

"Kaneki... Stay... Here..." She wheezed.

"In here?" I asked, referring to her bedroom.

Y/n nodded, closing her eyes.

I kissed her on the forehead before standing up.

"I'll do anything for you, Y/n. Rest now."

I walked over to an empty chair in her room and grabbed a book that she had on her desk.

I sat down and begun reading the book.

|Time skip. One hour later.|

{Your POV}

I felt the warm rays on sunshine cover my face.

Groaning, I slowly flickered my eyes open and stretched my arms, sitting up.

I bit my lip and winced in pain as my back ached, and my throat felt like it had been ripped to shreds.

After breathing in and out a few times, I groaned once more and rubbed my throbbing head.