•21~ Plans•

"Y/n..."

"Y/n...?"

"Y/n!"

{Your POV}

Gasping, I suddenly snapped back into reality after hearing my name being called multiple times.

Blinking, I turned my head slightly to see Kaneki, staring at me with a worried expression on his face.

He looked relieved as I looked into his eyes.

"Y/n..." He whispered, grabbing my hand and holding it.

"K-kaneki..." I stuttered, his name barely making it out of my mouth.

That's when he suddenly pulled me into a warm embrace. As he wrapped his arms around me, I burried my face into his soft chest.

He stroked my hair soothingly and asked, "Are you okay? You were crying..."

I placed my hands on his chest and shakily replied, "I... I... My parents-"

Kaneki cut me off, "Y/n. Slow down."

I gulped and nodded. "I... Just h-had some memories of my parents. When you mentioned we needed to plan for the wedding, I was just wondering if they were proud of me. Or if they even knew how far I've come in my life."

Kaneki nodded and listened to everything that I had to say.

{Normal POV}

"I'm sure they are proud of you." Kaneki answered with a smile on his pink lips.

Sighing, you replied, "I hope so..."

"Y/n, look at me." Kaneki commanded in a calm voice.

You slowly looked up at him, looking deeply into his eyes.

"Please don't worry, my love. Let's just focus on planning the wedding. I can't stand seeing you upset." Kaneki stated.

You breathed in and nodded, "Okay... I'm so sorry."

"You don't need to be." Kaneki insisted, stroking your hands with his thumbs. It was then he gazed down at your ring.

"Do you like it?" Kaneki asked.

You also looked down at the purple diamond ring that was glistening in the warm sunlight, that was sneaking in through your window.

"I love it." You said with a smile. Then, you frowned. "How much was it?"

Kaneki shook his head, "I can't tell you."

"You can, and you will." You demanded, slightly glaring at your fiancée.

Kaneki's smile turned into a small frown as he furrowed his eyebrows and sighed. "I don't wanna tell you."

You gave in and sighed, "Fine."

Kaneki chuckled and hugged you tighter, making a small smile appear on your lips.

"Do you know that you have the most beautiful smile ever?" Kaneki complimented, looking down at you.

You became flustered as you hid your face in his chest. Kaneki laughed and patted your head.

"Stooooop." You whined.

Kaneki stopped but said, "It's true."

Frowning, you slapped him lightly.

"Hey, what was that for!?" Kaneki asked.

You grinned, "For not listening to your wife-to-be."

The thought of you being his wife-to-be made Kaneki blush slightly.