•1~ Talks•

"So, these files will mean that you'd have to..."

You were sitting down on a table, with one of your best friends, Akira Mado, who was talking to you about some important case files, but you weren't really paying attention.

"Did you get that, Y/n?" Akira asked, swirling her coffee around with her hand.
You blinked a few times and shot your head up. "What?"
Akira sighed and shook her head, "Why don't you ever listen? You did in all of your training classes, and look how that payed off. Special Investigator... People rarely get that!"

"I was forced to listen..." You mumbled, staring back down at the table.
"What do you mean?" Akira asked, her rose gold eyes staring into your e/c ones.
"Did I not tell you?" You replied, rasing an eyebrow.

Akira thought for a moment before shaking her head.
"I was forced to work here." You said bluntly." You do know that I'm a half ghoul, right?"
Akira nodded but asked, "Why where you forced to?"

You looked around before saying, "I... Have some important work that I need to get done. See you later." And with that, you stood up.
"Wait! Y/n!" Akira shouted at you, bit you were already walking to your office.

You didn't really have any work to do, but you just wanted to avoid talking about it. She didn't need to know.

No one did....

After finally arriving at your office, you sighed and pushed open the unlocked door.
After doing so, you closed the door and walked over to your desk, sitting down as you glared at all of the stacked up paper and pointless files.

Pulling out your phone, you gulped and turned it on, clicking on your contacts.
Your thumb hovered over his number...

"Kaneki..." His name slipped out of your mouth like a whisper.
You closed your eyes and groaned, switching your phone off before slamming it on your desk.

You couldn't call him! What would you say?

"Oh, hey! How have you been?"

"How has everyone else been?"

"Sorry I left you."

... You couldn't say any of those.

You wondered where he was now. Had he found someone new?
Had he found a new lover?
Had he replaced you?
Was he still working at Anteiku?

A tear slipped down your cheek as you remembered all of the good times you had with him.
"I miss you, Ken..." You whispered, glancing down at your feet.

It was then you head a light knock on your door.
Quickly wiping your tears away, you stood up and walked over to your door, quickly pulling a fake smile before opening it.

There, stood a lady with short blonde hair, and rose gold eyes. You gulped and said, "Hey, Akira. What's up?"
Akira looked at you before flashing you a small smile, "I'd like to finish of our conversation."

You gulped and lied, "I-i'm busy..."
Akira placed a hand on her hip and raised an eyebrow as she said, "Now that's a lie."
"N-no... I'm busy with the case files you told me about." You insisted, gathering up the courage to look into her eyes.

"Hm... You didn't even pay attention to what I was saying." Akira sighed, her hand slipping off of her hip.
"Yes I did!" You insisted.
Akira smirked and replied, "Oh really? Well, what was the first point I made?"

Oh no... You thought, biting your lip and 'trying' to remember.
"See? You didn't." Akira said, placing her hands together.
You sighed and nodded.
"Let me in please." Akira smiled.

You hesitated, but stood aside and watched Akira walk into your office.
After closing the door, you heard your friend click her tounge in a dissapointed way.
"What's wrong?" You asked as your eyes stayed on Akira, who was wandering around your office.

"What a mess..." She muttered, refering to all of the stacked up papers, and scattered stationery on your desk.
You huffed and replied, "It's not my fault I get so much work."

Akira sat herself down on your desk chair and spun it around to face you.
"So," She said, "Tell me."
"Tell you what exactly?" You asked, fiddling with your blouse.
"Why did you join the CCG exactly? Your a ghoul."

"Look, Akira... I don't really want to say. And I don't think people will appreciate it if I told you." You admitted, digging your nails into the palms of your hands.

"Come on... I'm your friend, you can trust me!" Akira pleaded.
You sighed and shook your head, crossing your arms over your chest.
"I said no."

"I said yes."
"I said no."
"Yes."
"No."
"Yes!"
"No!"
"Yes!"
"Ugh! Akira, stop!"

Akira grinned and said, "I won't stop until you tell me~"

"Fine!" You said, placing your hands on your hips whilst looking down at your friend.

"Go on..."