Chapter 26: The Run

-Your P.O.V.-

Panting of uneven breaths echoed throughout the sepia wooden corridor, sweat streaming down your face and neck as you continued to make your way through the empty halls. Leaving Sammy behind with that thing, with that demon... You truly regretted it. According to Sammy, this Bendy character is a powerful being that could easily be equal to that of a god. And you just left a former servant of that said God behind so he could protect you. How is that fair? How is that safe!?

But then again, what could you have done?

That's the only reason why you had left Sammy behind; because you were incapable of assisting him in any way. You hated to admit it, but it was the truth. How would you, a regular human being who gets panic attacks when they hurt others, be able to fight off anybody, let alone a literal demon? If you stayed there, stayed with Sammy... Let's face it, you would've only been a hindrance. Still though, this fact doesn't stop your conscience from taking over your logical reasoning. You felt bad, and you always will. As far as you know, Sammy could be dead, as far as things could be considered, you let him die. That thought utterly terrified you.

"I'm the one to blame." Your conscious screamed at you over and over again like a stuck record. You could feel the tears begin to slide down your face in guilt, until another voice, one that can only be heard through your memories, seemed to reach out to you.

"Y/N, you are not the one to blame."

Before you knew it, your mind was bringing you back to a memory from 6 years ago.

.........

"Rocky!" You screamed in hysteria to the boy that was now bleeding.

"Y-Y/N... I'm fine, okay?" Rocky attempted to comfort your unstable 13 year old self.

You two were playing knights and dragons in the woods, a common occurrence for the two of you. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a loud creak was heard from above you, and when you looked up, all you could see was a flash of brown and green. Before you knew what was happening, you were face first in the mud, and Rocky was stuck underneath a large fallen tree branch. He had pushed you out of the way so that you didn't get hurt, and now he was the one hurting. You felt so bad.

"Waaaaahhh!" Tears streamed down your S/C face as you saw Rocky's bleeding arm which was impaled by one of the branches large splinters. Rocky, despite him being clearly uncomfortable, was doing his best in making YOU, the unharmed one, feel better.

"Y/N, its okay... Why don't... Why don't you go and grab Henry, okay? He should be able to get me out. It'll all be okay, I promise." With his words, you fervently nodded your head then ran off to go find your Grunkle.

You ran as fast as your short legs could take you. Down the forest path, and back home to your Grunkle who was currently chopping wood.

"Grunkle, Grunkle!" You screamed as you flailed your arms around. At the sight of you and your bloody hands, your Grunkle immediately dropped his axe and ran over to you.

"Y/N!? What happened!? Are you okay!? Where's Rocky!?"

"In th- in the woods! It's all my fault Grunkie, h-he was h-hurt because of me!" You said then began to bawl even harder. In response to your shaking and sobbing form, your Grunkle picked you up in his arms.

"It'll be alright Y/N. Now, can you show me the way to Rocky?"

"B-But-"

With your hesitation, your Grunkle set you back down. Kneeling on the dirt floor, your Grunkle held your shoulders with both of his hands as he peered into your E/C eyes.