Chapter 63: The Heavens

-Your P.O.V.-

Sliding all of the gathered hearts into the designated slot, what met you and Boris through the speaker was complete silence. Looking over at your canine partner in confusion, you found his face to be mimicking yours near identically. Just what was going on?

You remembered how mad Alice was after you... did the deed down on level 14, but if anything, you should be the upset one! No matter how you look at it, she set you up. She knew that monster was down there, and she knew full well of the dangers that thing would bring to you and your companions. As a matter of fact, that little angel counted on it.

Yet, despite it all, you weren't necessarily mad at her, in fact, at this point, you just felt numb. You just wanted to get the hell out of here and get the hell back to your life. Your home. The fucking hospital for crying out loud.

Actually, the more you thought about leaving, the more you found your numbness fading away. Growling under your breath from the impatience slowly crawling up your back, you marched your body over to the gated entry of Alice's corpse-palace and pounded your fist against the cool ink-covered metal in a burst of anger.

"ALICE!" You yelled, "I get that you may be upset, but a deal's a deal! So get your butt over to that speaker and complete your end of the damn bargain!"

Crackling.

"My my, Y/N~. DO control that temper, hun" She spoke drippingly sweet, "I may be upset, but darling, even I have the decency to still complete my end of a deal, so calm down. Even your... GRUNKLE had more patience than you."

You could feel the threat of the skin on your palms tearing as you dug into your hand with your fingers. You felt embarrassed at your lack of control over your emotions, and your embarrassment was the only reason why you kept your mouth shut.

Noticing that you would talk no more, Alice took the opportunity to continue.

"Anyhow, it seems that we've reached the end of my to do list, my little errand girl." She spoke with a condescending yet sarcastic tone, "I hope you enjoyed our time together. I'll always treasure it."

"Like hell I did, and like hell you will." You thought to yourself. Alice continued.

"Return to the lift."

You shot your head up towards the speaker in surprise at the angels words.

"It's time to go home."

A million thoughts were going through your head. Confusion, concern, and suspicion all lingered in your brain, but those feelings were shut out at the pure joy you had felt by her simple words. You are going to go home. You are going to be back in your clean bedroom sheets. You are going to be able to ink away at your comics and work at the bookstore. You'll be able to eat all your favorite foods, and drink all your favorite beverages. You'll be able to go up to your Grunkle's grave and chat with him once again. However, the most important thing out of all you'll be able to do is that you'll be able to come back here, this time, both healthy and prepared.

Yes, despite all that has happened, You'll be coming back, and you will try and make a positive difference for these neglected and abandoned beings down in this studio. You aren't exactly sure how you will make change, but you know you'll make it. You have to. Of course, you'll be going to the hospital before anything can happen. If your phone still has charge, then maybe you should call an ambulance? You feel like you could drive yourself to the hospital, and you aren't entirely sure if you could get in trouble for trespassing here, but then again, it really wouldn't be smart driving in this condition and-