Chapter 68: The Search

-Bendy's P.O.V.-

Walking to level 16, despite the worry bubbling into the ink demon's chest, he couldn't help but bask in his silence. For the first time in many many years, Bendy's found his head to be quiet. No buzzing of insanity, no peeps of uncertainty. It was such a wonderful feeling. If he had the option, Bendy would love to take a nap right about now. He's never slept much. Actually, has he ever slept at all? If he has, he's forgotten. Maybe Bendy could take a nap with Y/N?

The demon's mind was immediately ignited with the thoughts of his little human nestled into his lap, his lanky arms wrapped tight yet gently around her fragile frame as he nestled his face into her perfect H/C hair. In his grasp, Bendy would never let anybody harm her. He wouldn't let anybody touch her. She'd be safe.

Shaking his head back and forth, Bendy could feel his cheeks flush gray in embarrassment. He couldn't do that! She probably wouldn't even be comfortable with his touch, and besides, why the hell are his thoughts going there?! Y/N's his friend, and although the ink demon has never been the most social cartoon around, friends don't do that! At least, Bendy doesn't think that friends do that... Do they?

"Well, either way..." Bendy mused in his mind, "None of that matters right now... First, I need to get Y/N."

Teleporting himself the rest of the way to level 9, the first thing that Bendy saw was...

The normal room of level 9.

Although, admittedly, things did seem off. First, that annoying angel's gates were open. They're almost never open, not both at the same time at least. Second, there was quite a bit of ink trailing out of her domain, and Alice tends to stay away from the ink as best as she can. Curious, Bendy decided to check things out.

Like usual, Alice's grave-room was as beautiful as ever. The tortured corpses strapped onto flimsy boards lining the floors, walls, and ceilings made it impossible for Bendy not to smile wider at the sight. The ink demon has quite a few of his own corpses displayed around his throne room entryway and the close-by corridor. Given, these corpses are kept behind glass walls, and they're more like incomplete ink-beings rather than corpses, but Bendy likes to think of them as otherwise.

Traveling across the ink-pond using the boards, Bendy had reached her inner entryway. It appeared that Alice had kept all three gates open, which is even more unusual than her having two gates open. In fact, over the decades that the ink demon has lived here, to his knowledge, not once has Alice ever dropped all of her security. Something was off, something was happening. Could that something be happening to Y/N?

Bendy's newfound reason immediately left his entire body as anxiety was quick to nestle its way in place. Teleporting to every room in the studio- Alice's room, Sammy's office, Joey's office, Boris's halls, Level P, Level K, Level whatever was left- Bendy searched for Y/N in a completely sane panic. The demon's mind way still clear, but muddled with worry, his inky smoke thick in concern. It was only when Bendy teleported himself to the elevators base that true unhinged panic swelled. The elevator, the one that Y/N has been using... It was broken, shattered, and nearby the shattered machine was just a little bit of red.

Bendy knew that red.

Black edged into the demons covered sight, ink boiling in rage as his short lived sanity started to fade. He needed to find Y/N. No. He needed Y/N.

Bendy didn't want to be like this, he didn't want to be so unstable. He wants to be in control of his actions more, but without his human by his side, how can Bendy ever achieve that? Y/N ALLOWED Bendy to be sane. Without her, the ink demon will just resort back to his old mentality. Without her, Bendy is finding himself snapping back into his old mentality.

A loud scream cut Bendy's panic immediately, his body a deer in headlights as he listened for more noise.

Then it came.

Another scream.

Y/N's scream.

Calm immediately flooded him. She was alive. Y/N was alive. However, his calm was short lived. Y/N may be alive, but she certainly doesn't sound alright.

Teleporting to where Bendy believed the sound was coming from, the ink demon found himself staring up at an old ventilation pipe. There was some sort of banging coming from inside it. Walking towards one of the bladed coverings, Bendy grasped it tightly as he quickly yanked himself up, staring into the vent that only proceeded to stare back at him with those familiar colored E/C eyes who let out a shriek at the sudden sight of him.

Scared to scare her any further, the ink demon stilled his entire body as he just stared at his human, waiting for her to calm herself. Bendy didn't mind waiting, just the sight of her brought him immediate relief. He watched her closely as her body shook ever so slightly, tear trails engraved into her face as her eyes were still slightly red from crying. Just what exactly happened to her?

"B-Bendy?" Y/N finally stumbled out, the sound of his name escaping her lips causing a slight shiver to crawl up his spine. Removing the vents cover with sheer power alone, Bendy gently placed his hands under her arms and pulled Y/N out. 

.........

*PLEASE READ!*

A/N: This stories one year anniversary is on July 10th! The Beast Made of Ink has come so far since then, it's amazing! To celebrate, I do already have one thing planned for you all... But I also want to hear ideas from you guys! Anything special I could write? Off-plot scenarios? I'm good with writing pretty much anything as long as it isn't too steamy (i'm 100% willing to write fluff though, lol). Character questions? Q/A? Please let me know! Thank you guys for allowing me and this fan-fiction to come as far as it has!