Chapter 42: The Meet

-Your P.O.V.-

"Here's your fucking gears." You said with a monotone voice and scoff as you dropped the heavy metal objects onto the floor.

Each gear that you had gathered easily weighed 20 pounds, and in the end you had to gather 3. So, for the past 40 fucking minutes, you've been traveling all around the damn studio to find parts, all the while carrying them without help, right along with your satchel that was now twice as heavy with that fucking iron wrench. Boris had tried to carry a gear for you, and his arm gave out! Then again, you aren't sure if cartoons have muscles...

To say that you weren't happy would be an understatement. You were straight up pissed. As far as you're concerned, that "sweet little angel" can come over here and suck it. Not literally of course...

"Great! Now then, my little delivery girl, could you be a dear and put those into the slot for me?" Alice Angel asked through a speaker. She must've been talking about the mailbox thing in front of you. With a deep sigh, one by one, you slid the damn things into the slot, grimacing all the while.

You seriously weren't kidding when you said that you really let yourself go when it came to your body. You'd much rather draw and read, hence the reasons as to why you have an inking job and work at a bookstore. All things considered, from these past 9-10 days without contacting work for your absence, it's pretty safe to assume that you're currently jobless. Or perhaps have been reported missing by a co-worker. Maybe both.

Once you were done with your task, you listened in as the speaker started up once again, all the while you standing there awaiting your command.

"Have you seen them? The swollen ones! They're just stuffed full of extra thick ink. It makes me sick! And yet... It's the perfect thing for keeping myself together."

"Keeping herself together?" You thought to yourself in confusion. When you ran what she said through your head once more, you could physically feel your face pale at the realization.

Before you could confirm what you now believed to be some sort of ink being cannibalism, Alice continued to talk.

"If you're going to catch them, you're going to have to learn to move quietly. Come back to my door. I have something that you'll need."

Walking over to the cylinder-like machine, it only took a few steps of your feet for the mechanism to spin around, revealing the biggest needle that you have ever seen in your life. With shaky hands, you picked the tool up, 100% unsure why you needed the needle. Maybe it wasn't even a needle. Could it actually be a...

"Enema syringe?" You questioned to yourself, making the Angel from above furiously cough.

"What is wrong with you!?" She asked once done hacking, which in turn made you shrug your shoulders. You couldn't help the basic facts that this does looks like one of those tools.

How do you know? Well fun fact, during one of the times you went to the hospital with your Grunkle for his yearly check-ups, you went to get yourself a coffee, and when you came back... you entered the wrong room. Apparently, the man in that said room had some pretty bad constipation. Well, from what you saw at least...

An invulnerable shiver crawled up your spine at the memory. However, the raven angel paid no mind to this as she decided to explain more clearly to you of your task.