Chapter 33: Boris's Soul (Part 1)

-Boris's P.O.V.-

2-Dimensional life. A concept that if one would hear, most would instantly think that you are bat shit crazy. After all, in order for a sentient being to be alive, you'd need organs, bones, blood, muscles, flesh, etc. Obviously, a being that is 2-Dimensional would be incapable of having any of that. So, to most humans, the thought of two dimensional creatures being alive was impossible.

Impossible to all but Joey Drew.

I still remember the first time Henry's inking pen had landed onto the crisp white sheet of paper. The smile that he gave me as the first ever picture of me had stared right back into the kind mans eyes. Then and there, I knew what I was meant to be.

I was meant to be a cartoon that made people as happy as I made him.

With all the comics and animations made, I slowly yet surely began to have a personality. It was with each action that I was drawn in, that i'd be able learn more about who I was. Not one day passed where I did not learn something new about myself. The time I had spent on paper and film in that studio was simply magical. Simply irreplaceable. Simply perfect.

Which was why I was so utterly confused when I was dragged out of the said paper and film, only to join a horde of dozens upon dozens of beings that looked just like me. They all looked the same, and yet unlike my personality, they were completely different.

They could talk.

Many had shouted and cried. Pleaded and begged. All through the iron-like bars of our prison cells. As to what for, I had no idea. These weren't cries for freedom from their cages, but from freedom from... The ink?

After a week or so, I was examined by a man that had light wrinkles, beginning to stress-gray hair, and silver eyes, the first words that he had told me was that I was not Boris. I tried to protest against the man, tried to tell him that I am indeed Boris and that the years upon years in which I had spent learning about myself are impossible to be lies. But he only shook his head disappointingly.

"You cannot be Boris, not if you cannot speak."

The man told me in a completely monotonous tone, which only seemed to infuriate me even further at how idiotic the man actually was. Did he honestly think that I, a cartoon character which has never talked on paper or film EVER, would be able to talk?

With his ignorance, steam had shot out of my ears, making his eyes widen only for a low chortle to escape his lips.

"So I see you have the same cartoon qualities that the little Devil has, huh..." The silver eyed man muttered, making my eyes grow wide. The little devil? Does that mean that Bendy is here with me? That Bendy had been dragged out after me?

Kind and joyful Bendy, who was although somewhat mischievous, was still such a kind and sweet cartoon at heart. No matter how much food I may have stolen from him, my little ol' cartoon buddy would never get mad. He was always there to cheer me up. He... He was here? What about Alice? Was she here as well?

As if seeming to know my question, the mans eyes had grown sharper immediately.

"You wanna meet him?" He asked, making me gulp nervously. Something was very very off with him. I couldn't put my claw on it, but I knew... He was not like the rest of humans or like me.