Chapter 37: The Trust

"There's nothing wrong with dreaming. Wishing for the impossible is just human nature. That's how I got started. Just a pencil and a dream. We all want everything without even having to lift a finger. They say you just have to believe.

Belief can make you succeed.

Belief can make you rich.

Belief can make you powerful.

Why with enough belief, you can even cheat death itself.

Now that... is a beautiful, and positively silly thought."

.........

-Your P.O.V.-

You stood in the middle of the disgustingly ink covered room with your eyes bulging out of your skull as the tape finished its play-through with the classic mechanical whir.

That tape... Was utterly terrifying, and that's to say the least. It was horrific how smooth every single word glided off the mans tongue was as he casually implemented the possibility of immortality. And he said it in such a convincing way! Drawing in the listeners with his relatability and positive personality. Yet the end... The end of that tape, the more you think about it, was just oh so disturbing. The idea that belief can make you cheat death, cheat the inevitable that comes with being alive.

The more you think about it, the more you realize that this man on tape is most likely Joey Drew.

A shiver crawled up and down your spine with the realization that the man on tape, the same man who is talking about reaching for literal stars... This man was actually able to grasp one, and now you are inside his star. His fucked up, explosive star that inhabits halls filled to the brim with immortalizing ink and suffering beings that crave to see the sun just one more time, just one more glance.

The real question of all this is did Joey reach up to grasp his star, or reach down? Because the way you see it, this place is so fucked up that it could have only been created in the deepest and darkest depths of hell. Forget the sky, this man was reaching out for the hand of Hades himself!

With another shudder, you sludged your way on through the rest of the small and inky room, only to open a door which leads to an even "grander" hallway. With an irritated sigh, you walked your way down even further, a slight happiness inside of you for being able to have energy, but most of your thoughts filled with worry towards the condition of that sweet 'ol wolf.

After walking over a metal grate, you reached a door. Upon opening it, naturally, there's even more hallway! Great. At least it's shorter...

You were only able to go down a little bit of the hallway before you stopped walking, dead in your tracks as one of those fucking cut-outs popped it's head out around the corner, only to pop back in like the weasel that demon is.

Now somewhat irritated and equally frightened, you stomped your way over to the other side of the hallway, only to have a pleasant surprise.

"Boris!" You yelled as you ran up to him. He seemed just as relieved as you did as he wrapped his arms around your form, his body shaking ever so slightly as he did so. Your gaze couldn't help but grow tender at the sweet wolfs concern, as you decided to reciprocate the hug, wrapping your own arms around his waist and placing your head on his chest. Thankfully he didn't have the bone in his mouth anymore, the thing (although adorable,) would've prevented you from giving this sort of embrace back.