Chapter 7 - Preparing

Am I ready?

AM I READY?

The same question keeps rotating around my tiny head. Considering my dance and preparedness facts I most definitely am. I know the music, acting, counts and roles. I'm a confident and expressive dancer with commendable rhythm, flexibility, technique, posture and composure. I can remember the steps with ease and without even much practice perform fantastically.

But that is okay when I'm performing solo. But I have to dance with a Prince. And that means with a BOY. And that is the biggest deal I've faced in like a year.

Firstly, I go to an all girls school. Moreover I have zero contact with the masculine gender excepting my 17 brothers because I don't go for tuitions or socialise otherwise. Oh and lets not forget the fact that I don't have a fucking phone.

I'm trying to get my inner damsel under control who's going nuts over this sort of calamitic situation in my life right now. But she fails to understand and makes a big deal out of it.

Like seriously, it is going be weird to have to dance with an unknown male right? She begins dramatically.

Not exactly. I do dance with new girls. I patiently begin answering her questions.

What if he can't dance at all and acts weird and frowns like a shit?

Atleast we'll have a Prince? I roll my eyes.

What will he look like? How old will he be? How tall is he going to be? Will I reach his head with my pointe shoes?

I don't know. I DON'T KNOW!!!! ????? Never seen him before remember ?

Is he a ballet dancer?

Hopefully, but I highly doubt it.

But, but what if he's amazing? Like a dream come true Prince Charming?

Enough

And will you like him?

Shut up.

What if he looks ugly? And what if he looks really hot?

If it's the former then it will be an absolute shame. And it's not in my hands, so too bad :/. On the other hand if he is hot. Then that's just AMAZING. And the other girls can die of jealousy. I let out a snort and laugh thinking about how they might give me mean and envious looks.

And???????

What?

What else if he's hot????

Jesus Alia. STFU

Such a bitch.

Says the queen. Sure. Well okay, maybe I'll like him.

ggsiuoudhkcjaoiaididgiuyiuhifhwiuwifuwiufwahjvauxaru

Shaking my head, I look out of the window and take a long breath. I let the music from the radio take over my body as I submit to the voice of Sia singing "the greatest" and I lie back as my eyes close due to tiredness.

************

After dinner, I start reading one of Dan Brown's masterpiece, "The Da Vinci Code". Few hours later my head becomes a mass of frozen ice and decide to take a shower. I strip off my clothes and stand under the hot cascading shower. Whatever said and done I think I'll be perfectly fine tomorrow and thereafter. In sooth, this isn't a big deal.

It's just a naive and boy bereft girl who has to act like Cinderella and ball dance with a stranger who will be the Prince. And there will be too much eye contact, touching, emotion, chemistry, and the whole fairytale Prince and Princess thing, but that's obviously cool. Coz I'm so not weird and conscious. How can anything be the matter? I clench my eyes tightly and groan and fidget and stamp and get out of the shower after soaping myself and washing.

I wear yet another emerald green strappy leotard with matching leg warmers because its pretty cold to stretch without them during winter nights in December.

I ask Alexa to play the "workout playlist" and start my flexibility.

**************

River - Bishop Briggs

Beginning with the breathing exercise I breathe in and out and plie' and move my arms simultaneously. Then add tendu' and grande battments' with first and second position arms. The upper body elongations and head relaxations continue and finally releves' .

Hymn for the Weekend - Coldplay

I do the roll downs to this music. Which is basically ROLLING down my upper body so that my palms touch the floor. After five of them with variations, my palms fully touch the floor with my head on my knees.

With You - Meghan Trainor

Spreading my legs into a half split I work my hamstrings and upper body into long stretches and push myself to meet the floor with every exhale. After half side splits I proceed to lunges and cross splits to widen my crotch muscles. Then side split and back bend. Then I scream and act cringey. :D Stretching makes me happy and sort of makes me fall in love with my body and myself. Narcissistic indeed, but I can't help having a gorgeous body if I work hard for it. Okay I'll stop!

In My Blood - Shawn Mendes

Lastly and the most difficult and painful. Side split. Using a stretch band I lengthen my outspread legs and hold it for nearly half the song. Next butterfly with knees and head on the floor. And finally I split against the door and try to make my clothed vagina touch the mirror against it.

I can do front splits with ease, but this stupid side split is so hard. I've been able to do it just once in my life. When I was 6. So yeah. After cool down, I change into my night suit and lay the bed. I have OCD. So I need to make sure everything is arranged in a particular pattern on my dressing table, the fall of the curtains must be in a certain way, all the towels must be rolled, clothes must be kept in the drawers etc etc. So after I'm satisfied with how my fairytale-like room looks like, I spray some Ralph Lauren - Tender Romance ( a daily ritual) and hit the lights off.

I fall asleep anticipating my impending and destined encounter with Prince Charming. I dream of brown-eyed boys in white t-shirts.

****************

Almost there...... Hope you liked what you read!

Don't forget to VOTE, FOLLOW AND COMMENT.

Add "Finding Him & Me" to your library so as to not miss any update.

Love you loads <3

Chhavi