Chapter 61 - Losing my Innocence (His POV)

Arjun's POV

8 months ago, on 15th April 2018.

"Happy birthday son." I hear my dad's hoarse voice through the phone and close my eyes painfully. My throat constricts and I try my best to hold off my tears. Just a few more minutes. "You're a big boy now Arjun."

"I am."

"I'm sorry for not being there." He says sounding genuinely apologetic.

"I don't want your sorry." I state, pissed that hed stoop to such cliches.

"Fine."

I stay silent.

"Arjun, just always, always remember, that in love one always starts by deceiving oneself and ends up deceiving others."

"Is that what you did to us?" I snap.

His breath catches. I silently curse myself for being so rude. Shameless pig.

"Dad, I'm sorry."

"No, its okay. Just know that I'm not the last person who's going to do that, and you too, don't deceive anyone."

The line goes dead.

I look at the ridiculous glassy black screen perplexed and irritated. What the fuck?

I inhale deeply and switch my phone to silent mode after an infuriated growl. Dad and his stupid twisted up advice can very well go to bloody hell. He should be here. Raising me. Raising Aisha. Supporting my mother. I run my hands through my hair and repress a shout of anger.

Fuck it. I don't have time for this right now.

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARJUN!!!" A crowd of almost hundred people shout out as I exit my bedroom and make my way to the hall downstairs. My face breaks into a huge grin and I know I can finally enjoy myself.

"Asshole's 16 whoohoo!"

"Happy birthday wanker."

"Man! Its finally fucking time!" Dozens of people wish me individually, hugging me tightly and slapping my back. Almost everyone's got a drink in their hand. Its got alcohol in it and at the back of mind I silently pray no one tricks Aisha into drinking some. 

"Time to make things official with your girl huh!"

That catches me and my eyes instantly search the room for her. Naila. My girl.

Time to make things official with your girl. Time to make things official with your girl. Time to make things official with your girl. Time to make things official with your girl.

The sentence rings in my mind repeatedly. Tonight is the night. The day we go all the way down to fourth base. Naila emerges from the kitchen that moment with a beer in hand looking fucking hot in a tight purple dress and black stilettos. "Happy birthday baby." She smiles brightly and kisses me on the mouth. How did I ever get so lucky?

"Thank you." I kiss her deeply cupping her cheek, just like how she likes it.

"Are you excited for your birthday gifts?" She asks handing me the bottle.

"Gifts? But I only want you." I reply honestly taking a drink. My heartbeat quickens, rushing wildly. It must be her smell, so sweet, or is it the fact the she bought me gifts? Or is it anticipation for tonight? Is she nervous? She looks fine I note looking at her carefully.

"I bought you a new record. A custom one with our favorite songs. I've kept it in your room." She tells me and my chest blooms. "Can you guess the first song on it?"