Chapter 24 - Decisions

At around 5am I feel much better and alive than before. 'From my self imposed act of sadness,' I reflect and roll my eyes. Teens do thatttt.

I climb upstairs to my mom's room and get under the covers cuddling her. I place my hand on her stomach, sink my head into her neck, and sync my breathing to hers.

"Hi babe." She mumbles sleepily.

"Hi mom." I sign.

"Kya hua kal (what happened yesterday)? You didn't even come say hi." She asks with her eyes closed.

"I was in a mood."

"Why?"

"The Ballet Prince is the dude from Toscano. On whom the drink got spilt. We already had a falling out and I got angry. I'm a hormonal adolescent girl. That's why" I frown.

"It's going to be fine. Just don't lose your temper so wildly. And if I hear that 'Adolescent' excuse once more, hell will break lose on your head." She warns.. "Okayyyy. So do you like him?" She asks coyly.

Jesus

"No Mom. I like actually really hate him." I snap.

"Is he good looking?"

Yes. "Why are you asking?" Mom isn't one who really cares about looks. She's more like the 'soul and heart matters' kind of person.

"Hmm. No reason." She says with a shake of her head.

Not like I can keep shit in my stomach anyway. "He's okay I guess." I whisper.

She smiles and goes back to sleep, like nothing happened.

My mom has gifted sleep... Me not so much. I bask in the diffused yellow light of her room, the winter sun, still hiding below the horizon. There are lots of pictures and books in the room. My mom was the first to introduce me to glorious world of books. She genetically passed her love for reading and performing arts to me.

She's so precious to me. Mom taught me everything, and made me, me - Alia Malhotra. Without her constant support and unconditional love, both physical and verbal, I'd be nobody. She's my friend and my mom and she balances both perfectly. She knows me more than I know myself and always does the right thing. I don't know if thats a 'mom' thing or just my mom, who can figure out everything perfectly.

"Love you zizu." I kiss her hair and get up. I switch off her alarm, deciding to make breakfast for everyone today. A text notification catches my eye.

Shona @Ballet Rehearsal

'Class is at 10:30am today since I'm fixing up all the music.'

Shit... I told Arjun to come at 10. I kick the bed hard and stomp out with an angry huff.

*********

After drinking tea and having breakfast with everyone, I take out fabrics for the maid costume and take pictures, consequently sending it to Shona for deliberation.

After that I clean my room from head to toe. I ensure that the spine of all the books are in one plane on the six inch broad pale green shelves, wipe the tile inlaid side tables, dressing counter, make my bed and tie the curtains and brush out the carpet.

It's a thing I do. When I'm anxious or trying and failing to control my mind, I start controlling things I actually can. It's therapeutic.

I decide to wash my hair today and after the shower I carefully get dressed in lilac stockings, a black 3/4th sleeves leotard with a heart cut out at the back and a chiffon wrap around. Looking into the mirror I line the upper waterline of my eyes with kajal and wear pink lip balm. My face radiates a pink glow, something I can't accurately put my finger on as to why.

After blow drying my hair I pull half of it out of my face and tie it in a red bow. From the earrings drawer I take out coloured stone studds. On my first piercing I wear pink. Golden on the second piercing and since my left ear has two more I wear black studds in both. I had this phase when I was obsessed with piercings. I still am, but I've taken a pause after 6. I'm only 14 after all.

I spray some Tender Romance for comfort sake and slip into my Old Navy studded slippers. Shoes after pointe work makes my toes claustrophobic.

I stand in front of my tall mirror. There is always a quote written on the top. Right there's one from Fifty Shades Freed. I erase it and pick up a whiteboard marker.

I write a new one from Pride and Prejudice.

"Love is one step ahead of dancing"

Standing back I read it aloud. The words suddenly strike me as I twistedly relate it to my own life. Bloody hell.

I growl loudly and rub it immediately. I scribble a new one.

"Elizabeth Bennet needs to chill"

I throw the pen on my impeccable bed and stomp out of the room. I'm good to go.

**********

Arjun's POV

21, 22, 23, 24 and fuck, 25. Ahhhhhh.

My body hits the floor with a thud after 25 excruciatingly fucking painful push-ups. I lie face down, swimming in my sweat as my lungs draw in air and my heart rate drops to normal.

It's 8:45 a.m. I'm going to leave in 45 minutes. Picking up my phone, I connect it to the Bluetooth Bose speakers in my bathroom and head for a shower. Eminem & Logic scream Keanu Reeves loud over the sound of the pouring shower. I'm not going to deny my feelings for Alia anymore. What exactly I feel, is something I don't know, obviously. But I won't curb my attractions because my previous experience still haunts me to chills.

I look up, facing the shower, forceful water droplets hitting my closed eyelids to the point of pain. If I have the chance to spend two and a half weeks with her. I'm going to fucking use it.

*********

How was it? Do you still think Arjun is a dick? I think he's pretty nice...... But I'm biased. Comment and share your thoughts.

I am so fucking excited for the next chapter........ I've been waiting to write it for 2 weeks!!!!

Vote!!