Chapter 16 - Family time and soul feuling

"Hey! Come on downstairs dinner is ready ." I call Chinna bhaiya. We reached Vriddhi (baba badima's house) 5 minutes back and Zorro their huge Great Dane greets us at the door. Yeah, I know his name sounds like sorrow. But he's not. He's gay, but not sorrow.

"Alia Malhotra! Aa gayi pareshan karne?"Chinna bhaiya hugs me tight. He's wearing his signature green denim jacket which He wears every day, literally, it's not even funny.

"Missed you too." I grin from ear to ear.

Rudra Malhotra is a 24 year old 5'6 man with black hair and black eyes though his perfect teeth and smile make him appear younger. He's a thin and muscular, writer, singer and guitarist. He works with his dad and our grandfather, the apple/lichi of my grandmother's eye. He makes me the happiest sister in the world.

We take the conversation to the dinner table and talk about things families about talk over dinner. Weddings, vacations, paintings and people who recently became vegan, coz that is so cool. Note the Sarcasm. Family time is like that happy bubble for me. Baba badima shifted out of 144 (the door number of my house) when I was 6. And since then, I miss them too fucking much. Baba treated me like a princess and badima never shouted at me for eating and breaking her lipsticks. My brothers never failed to strangle my dolls and hang it upside down from the fan. And since then nothing has changed, except for the fact that we don't live under the same roof and our love and bonds, have grown stronger every day.

So even if we're having a boring time over dinner, my grandma conveniently preventing others from talking, I guess I just look around at everyone and take them in. Try to make up for the missed time. My badima, a strong and gorgeous woman. Baba, distinguished and forthcoming. My handsome brother, one of the few men I love from the bottom of my heart. I do miss Chotu bhaiya, but then again, life is so. He's studying in LA building his career, working hard and making his dreams reality, so I'm happy for him. Badima makes tandoori roti and dum aloo specially for me, because I'm her Gudiya ;) along with biryani, raita, vegetable bake dish and chiffon pie. Mom and badima are gifted cooks, so everything was lip smacking and I eat too much.

***************

Unsurprisingly, my mom fought with me, when I was asleep in my bed, and the door was locked. How does the woman do that? For the love of God, I was sleeping, while she was fighting with me through a shut door and I was ignoring every syllable, of course, but there is a limit to such insanity. I reach class an hour early to avoid her. The things I have to do.

I descend the second staircase of Varma mansion and enter the basement. I'm wearing ice blue shorts and camisole under a similar coloured hoodie. No... I'm not trying to be a VSCO girl. Please. It's just perfect for intense warm up and reading in a creepy, dingy red floored basement. Get what I mean? I'm in a foul mood since my morning didn't go exactly as planned.

Dancing ballet to me, is self therapy and medication. I'm not a depressed and emotionally unstable lost soul or anything. But this art makes me heal and feel pretty, it's about self confidence and fearlessness, testing limits and breaking free. I wear my beautifully delicate and unfathomably solid pointe shoes and tie up the ribbons. I walk to the exact centre of the humongous hall, plug into music and place the iPod in my pocket before starting the breathing exercises. This is my perfect fucking awesome life.

While stretching with pointes, is a completely different experience, it's challenging and severe. You aren't connected to the ground and balancing comes solely from the core. With naked feet the movements are flowy but with shoes it calculated and technically accurate, since more thought goes into every inhale, exhale, stretch, release, kick and turn. What I'm trying to say is that, my pointes are my most priced possession, they make me fly and turn reality into magic.

Before getting into my split and dance routine, I pull out my hoody. Again winter is perfect for sleeveless, coz I don't ending up sweating and stinking in the armpits after 3 hours of practice. Yipeeeeeee. But Yes, there is that chance of my nipples going weird in the cold, but we don't have to talk about that. I plug out momentarily, and that's when I hear someone come in. Talk about timing . Bloody hell, the one day I want to be left alone in peace. I don't turn around to look at who pissed me off more, but plug in and plunge into full front split.

After the other side and vertical splits, I calm down and ease into fourth position, preparing for full turn. The first beats of "I don't wanna live forever" kick in, queuing my passé and turn. I lift my right leg and swiftly turn, but unfortunately I loudly gasp and trip on my left leg almost falling face down on catching sight of Arjun sitting with a girl next to him on the chair.

The bloody blasted son of a bachelor got his girlfriend to a ballet rehearsal! Fucking dingle-dicked bastard! I'm gonna crush his toe phalanges with my shoes and break his neck. My inner bitch decides going into Rebeckah Michaelson mode. I prefer being Damon Salvatore, but my slightly feminist principles don't allow that.

"You terrified me, I never heard you come in" I gather my clumsy self and lie nastily with a partially awkward smile.

"Hey! Yeah just came in. Sorry,didn't mean to startle you." He explains. Why isn't he smiling or whatever? Probably coz of the bitch next to him.

"Hi" I respond and put on my hoodie. Not comfortable stretching half naked in front of masculine audience who I barely know. Humph.

"You're so flexible." He states matter-of-factly but with a tinge of awe and appreciation. He almost smiles.

"Thanks. It's just being a ballet dancer." I shrug. Definitely not blushing. Positive.

Now introduce me to her, so I may shoot her in the eyeballs without further ado.
Now I'm Katherine Bitch Pierce.

*************

Hey guys!
I really hope you got The Vampire Diaries references, if not
Damon is a breathtakingly hot vampire.
Rebeckah is the strongest vampire.
Katherine is also a strong vampire, but she's a fucking evil bitch.

Hahaha. I hope you liked it!
VOTE
Love you so much!