Chapter 46 - Revelations

Arjun's POV

That's fucking it.  Enough is enough. I grip her arms and slam her into the wall beside me. She yelps a protest but I don't deter. I press my body into her to gain control. I don't have the patience to deal with a crap ton of psychotic accusations.

"I don't have a fucking girlfriend and I don't know who the fuck you're talking about." I tell her loudly. I push the feeling of her cold hands gripping my elbows and the warmth of her laboured breathing consuming my senses. "And I was saying, you shouldn't dress up scantily in the middle of bloody winter! Because you'll fall sick before the show. And don't you dare charge me of being a cheater and creep." I finish savagely. Our foreheads almost touching, wild eyes burning holes into each other.

"Then why was Alisha sitting on your lap Arjun?" She bristles through a clenched jaw.

Un-fucking-believable. "Because she's a friend. I've known her since I was 10 years old Alia. She has a boyfriend." I scoff. Is she jealous?

Alia's POV

Because she's a friend. Because she's a friend. Because she's a friend.

Arjun's words repeat in my mind again and again, making my head spin. Hasn't the aspirin kicked in yet?

All the air is sucked out of me and I feel faint. I stagger and my knees give away.

"Alia!" Arjun gasps when I tumble forward. His able hands clutch my waist immediately and he holds me strongly against the wall and himself.

What have I done? I wonder as my heart hurts and my throat constricts.

"You haven't done anything. Just breathe." He says holding me flush against his firm body. I didn't realise I'd actually said my thoughts out loud. His comforting voice and soothing feel calms me. I slide my hands up his arms and circle them around his shoulder, clinging to my sanity. I feel like I'm going to shatter from everything that's falling apart. How could I have be stupid and impulsive to jump to such a disgusting conclusion. I sink my head deeper into his warm chest. His heart beating furiously against my forehead.

Tentatively his fingers find my hair and he runs his fingers through it. I shiver. So close. We're so close, too close. The smell forests and cologne fill me and the heat from his fingers set the cool skin of my waist on fire. My eyes fly open. "I'm so sorry." I tremble. I fucked up.

"You shouldn't be Alia." He stops abruptly and then continues, " I'm not." He tells me and shifts one of his legs between mine, for support, I presume. Our position is getting more than cozy and intimate. I shouldn't like it.

"Why?" I whisper, tilting my head to find his eyes.

"Because now you know Alisha is not my girlfriend."

I don't know how to react or what to say. I just stand back lamely watching him. Why does, what I think of him matter so much to him? Alia, if the roles were reversed wouldn't you feel the same? A part of me questions myself. I would, because, I care about him. WHAT!!! No no no no. Do I care about him? I ask myself again. Yes comes the answer. Guess I'm way more fucked than I thought.

"You just want to get out of here?" He breaks my chain of toxic thoughts.

"Yes please, just for a few." I beg and he steps away, berefting me off the intimacy my body yearns.

"Garden or pool?"

"The road?" I smile.

"I'm not very comfortable. Last time two bikers almost rammed into you." He states with concern.