Chapter 57 - The Photo Shoot

To be very honest, it isn't really very hard to get Arjun off my mind, because, there are at least 53 things I need to do in the next 2 hours. Oh god.

Its 7 in the morning, on the day of the dress rehearsal. I switch on the geyser and grab some fruits and orange juice. I can't really eat anything solid, because I need to look like a ballerina. Then I start packing and organizing all the outfits with the shoes and stockings. My hair accessories, extra makeup and snacks go into the same bag. I'll see the Cinderella dress only today. I really hope it fits.

I scrub my face and body extra deeply in the shower and dress up in my robe after. I start off by doing my makeup. Its not as heavy as stage makeup, but I have to use concealer, foundation and compact, something I never use on a daily basis. Since I don't thread my eyebrows, I use eyebrow pencil to shape them a tiny bit. I go for a neutral shimmer copper eyeshadow so it can match all my outfits. Contouring takes a while because I learnt how to use a bronzer yesterday night from a YouTube tutorial and the concept isn't crystal clear yet.

Next I work on my hair. Using a small amount of hair gel, I tame the hair in front of my face away and gather it into a neat ballet bun using rubber bands and net. The 26 U-pins instantly begin molesting my scalp. I swipe a smoldering cherry red lipstick across my lips and smack them together. Diamond studs adorn all my piercings and I take off the colored stones heart pendant from around my neck.

Lastly I tape my toes to prevent them from bleeding into my white stockings. I roll a pair up my legs and wear a baby pink dress with a plunging neckline. I stare at myself in the mirror nervously. I refrain from biting my painted lips and fiddle with my fingers instead. I definitely look the part, I reflect. My strapless bra is making my chest look bigger than it is and I make my way out of the room before I begin overanalyzing my thoughts.

The basement of Varma Mansion is in a state of absolute upheaval. There are two photoshoot sites. One in the garden with the natural setting and lighting and the other downstairs with a white backdrop and lights arranged at every corner. The younger batches are giddy with excitement, looking super cute with their done up faces while the seniors who adopted to do smoky eyes look a little scary. Most of the boys are dressed in tuxedo trousers and full sleeved crisp white shirts lookong handsome. I scour the room in search of my sister when I hear Shona through a fit from the corner. Her screams travel all around the place and all at once there's pin drop silence. Even the photographers and technicians freeze.

"I told you to wear light ballet makeup." She shouts at a 11 year-old.

Arjun's eye catches mine the exact same moment from directly across the room making my heart trip over a beat. My breath catches when he looks at me from head to toe with wonder and brilliance in his eyes.

"So can you please explain to me," she continues and I swallow, drinking him in.

His soft hair is brushed and styled back flawlessly, glazing with setting wax. Impeccable black trousers of the perfect length hang down his long legs and a white shirt with a few buttons undone cover his broad and defined chest making him look like a prince straight of my dream. Dear dear...

"Why you have blue, purple and black shadow on your eyes with orange blush and three wings of eyeliner. And wear did you even buy golden lipstick?" She roars and the poor girl wets her pants before tears roll down her eyes. My heart hurts for her.

"You look beautiful Cinderella," he mouths from across the room. I smile softly realizing that I've undoubtedly fallen for him and my skin ignites like fire on gasoline. I think this is going to be a defining moment in my life. The moment I realized I fell for him, hard and fast and wholly.