Chapter 70 - Captivations (His POV)

Arjun's POV

Prokofiev's Cinderella, Op.87-19 blasts through every speaker in the auditorium and even though I'm currently being battered by the step sisters disgraceful movements, the hair at the back of my neck stands and my skin prickles as Alia runs onto stage. Adrenaline is relentlessly pumping in my frantic body and the rush is nowhere close to dying down. The fever nothing less than a cold sweat, hot headed affair that somehow brings ecstasy of the purest kind.

Something in the way you move
Makes me feel like I cant live without you

I turn and gaze mildly awestruck as her big brown eyes inundating with exhilaration address the audience before landing on me. Her Prince. All hers. My heart thuds at an unnatural pace in my chest. I thought I'd never fathom how to feel about it again, to be in love and sense the other person falling in too, but, from the looks and feel of it, it is simply natures doing and candid confessions of our emotions. I walk towards her, feeling extraordinarily bold and confident in my emerald green velvet over coat and bow respectfully. I wait for her to curtesy and a second later my arm is around her waist. "Cinderella." I whisper, melting from the heat of her body. She is so beautiful it hurts.

"Arjun." She shivers and the music stops and continues, the former blending into the latter.

We start the ballroom step at an incredibly slow and sensual pace. Our bodies so unbelievably familiar with one another, utterly in sink with each sway of the hip and deep back bend. There is not an inch of space between our torsos as we circle the girth of the stage and when I twirl her multiple times, her loving eyes stay focused on me because Im her center. The yearning hums in the air around us and every step is delivered at the stroke of perfection. My flesh burns when her hand glides from my shoulders to behind my neck and grabs my hair.

"What are you doing?" I mouth when the raging blood in my being rushes south in response to her lack of restraint and touch.

"Making the most of it." She mouths back and turns away immediately. I hold back the urge to pull her back to face me, to kiss her. My hand snakes around her waist, the back of her head drops to my shoulder and her hand rests at my neck. I swear to god I feel her inhale deeply and sigh against my neck. We flow front against back, she pas de bourrees for a few counts and then pique turns away, leaving me to kneel down on one knee as she circles around me, going all ballerina with her elegant arms and legs. This step was our latest addition and before the tempo builds higher and higher, she places her hands on my shoulder and does a 180 degree en arriere grande' battement and gazes into my eyes. I offer her my hand after she holds the breathtaking position for 3 counts and together, we proceed to perform a series of jumps and grande' jetes'. The entire time, our bodies maintain close proximity and I make use of every milli second to memorize these movements, the feel of her skin searing mine with each touch, to etch this night into my subconscious, this mesmerizing evening as we hypnotize the audience and wordlessly love and cherish each other on stage. For everyone to see.

As Alia and Arjun, we're taking Cinderella and Prince Charming to a whole new level tonight with this ballet, and I'd love to know whether this all looks like an act, or is the tension and understanding between us visible to 500 members of the audience.

The end of our dance approaches and we skip to the diagonal corner of the stage in a classic waltz step before she runs far away from me to the other end and comes flying back wonderfully showing off her beautiful ballerina body in an exquisite air spilt that sends her legs over 200 degrees 4 feet off the floor. Her strong arms hail overhead in an open fifth position and the quiet of the auditorium suddenly snaps as the audience thunders claps and hoots of passion. The vision embeds itself in my mind forever.