Chapter 49 - Scary Shocks & Playful Banter

Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh no!!!

My heart rate spikes up and I grow cold. The door slowly turns open and Arjun steps in.

I stay rooted on my spot like an alabaster statue too shocked to move a fucking muscle. My synapses either shut down or go on overdrive and malfunction. My mouth opens when he looks my way. I drink in the sight of him and my knees buckle. He's breathing hard, the button of his jeans popped and the zip undone.

And well, I'm in my new lavender lace bra and special white silk stockings that I only use for the ballet programs. And- that's it.

His eyes are blown and he freezes after catching sight of me. "Fuck" he mouths, letting his eyes wander all over the place, in this case my body. Asshole.

For a few seconds everything fades away and we just shamelessly stare at one another. Goose bumps cover my skin when I look down at this open fly.

That's when I snap. "Oh my god! GET OUT!" I shriek at him like a rabid bitch. Gaining some composure.

"I need to take a leak." He blurts out.

"Are you fucking crazy? Get the fuck out right this second!" I demand picking up my regular pointe shoe from the counter and aiming it at him. Will I actually break his head with it? Hell yeah! "Now!" I snarl.

"Damnit!" He curses and turns immediately, buttoning up his pants. "I'm sorry." He says leaving and closing the door behind him.

I run to the door and stand against it. OH MY GOD!! What the hell just happened. This is the most embarrassing and mind-branding event that has ever happened in my whole life. How will I face him again? Oh my god. I start hyperventilating frantically. Today, I'm going to kill Sana for being so irresponsible, then I'll have to hibernate or desiccate for a few years. Fuck.

I face palm myself, shocked at my stupidity. Jesus. Control Alia, control. You can do this. Just calm down and put on your dignity coat for a few and be happy you weren't naked.

Right. I take in a long deep breath and reach for my dress rather numbly. I know my life isn't falling apart, but I can really not deal with so much in a single day. I wear my dress and peel off my stockings. Facing the mirror, I palm my flushed cheeks and pull my hair into a pony tail. I press down the hard cartilages in my ear and pull all my piercings. The pain washes over me, bringing some sensation with it. It dilutes the humiliation. I take a few deep breaths and gather all my stuff before switching off the lights and leaving.

Sana dashes into me instantly. "Hey, sorry Shruthi called me to fetch some ice, Yana hurt her ankle. Its really bad. I hope its just a twist and not a sprain or ligament tear." She rushes and tells me.

"Oh no! But she's the second spirit lead in Giselle." I say shocked.

"Exactly! Miss Shona is losing it."

"How did it happen?" I enquire.

"She's breaking into her new pointe shoes and during passe' it bit into her leg deeply. She lost her footing and fell." Sana explains.

"Shit."

"Yup." She agrees. "I'm really nervous about the show. Cinderella is almost okay, but Jazz and Giselle, well its not ready. The date is coming soon and everyday something is going wrong." Sana confesses.

I sigh and rub her arms soothingly. "It'll all be okay. We're always okay." I tell her. What else can I say? She's right after all, things have been going wrong. The photoshoot has been delayed by 2 days, after that the brochure has to be designed and printed, the music for both plays still require polished edits and dress rehearsals haven't been definitely planned. The salsa number we're doing needs to be choreographed and learnt.