Chapter 4 - Night & Day

As soon as we reach home I take off my stilettos and hug , kiss and thank my mom for taking me out and showing me a really good time. She gives me a sleepy nod and heads upstairs. I enter my own room which is downstairs and drag the sliding door shut. Blisssssss.I lean against it and recall the not so happening events of the evening. But fortunately I'm more tired in comparison and I draw the curtains before changing into my shorts and t shirt .

I crawl into bed after brushing my teeth, washing off my makeup and removing the pins in my hair and brushing it out. I decide to start with 'skin' chapter in biology tomorrow at 6 and set the alarm accordingly before switching off the lights. Jesus. One last exam. Then the ballet and I'm off to Bikaner for two weeks. I place a fat pillow in between my legs and pull the comforter up to my neck. Oh yes!

I'm almost asleep when dad knocks on the door and loudly whispers, good night sweetie, wake up early and study! My dad is always more anxious than I am about exams I sigh in my sleep.

********************

"Take off your t shirt for spoiling mine" the anger in his voice seems more evident now. Ruder. Manly ? Dis-gus-ting.

"If this wasn't a restaurant I would have slapped you across your arrogant face' I'm screaming

"Try me" he smirks

Asshole

I raise my right hand and, shit , I slap him hard across his entire left cheek. Holy crap. Did I just...?

"You bitch!" he hisses loudly through gritted teeth. His eyes are uncommonly large and scary. His face seems to be vibrating. That seems like a sign of excruciating anger. Did I make him mad? Glueing his palm to his red cheek he takes one long stride towards me and an instant later he's pushing me to the wall, clutching both my wrists.

"No" I howl , opening my eyes and rising off the pillow.

*************************

My god. I can't breathe. I press my fingers to my sternum and sink my head into my palms. That was the scariest dream I ever had. The only dream I've had in like 5 years? I clamber out of my self designed wrought iron bed and place my head between the grills of the open windows. Taking several long deep breaths I try to wipe off that blood curdling dream and all that happened in Toscano. It's hard for me to believe how this is even possible. I never ever get dreams. My head is throbbing like hell. Shit man. That boy seriously got to me. I take a few sips of water and try to sleep again, achieving it in just a matter of a few hours.

******************

I wake up with a spasm and aggressively hit the alarm clock to snooze in a few. Unfortunately it does and I wake up at 6:09am to start studying. Oh yes I'm a nerd alright. But in my defence, exams are going on. So studying is NaTuRaL :D . Over the next 45 minutes I finish by hearting all about sebaceous, meibomian, mammary glands and erector muscles (of the body hair, off course. Here in India we are not provided with any sex education in school. Or at least in my school. Bleh.) I decide to go biking for half an hour and change into sweats and freshen up. I plug into the glorious god crafted world of music and out of this world as I saddle onto its high seat. Annie Lennox is screaming 'I put a spell on you' into my ears as I cycle through the early morning of Bangalore city. It's beyond gratifying. As Halsey sings the last chorus of 'Alone' I reach home and plug out. Since I'm slightly hungry I squeeze some orange juice and help myself to some passionfruit while reading the next chapter.

I spend the rest of the day studying 4 more chapters preparing for my exam tomorrow, making lots of muffins during a break and doing ballet practise. In the evening I watched 'To all the boys I've loved before' for the zillionth time... Because I love love love Peter Kavinsky and Lara Jean is weird and adorable. But for whatever crappy reason while watching the movie my thoughts kept taking me to last night and that boy driving his hand through his hair, and smirking in my dreams. I've spoken to no boy in my life. Except all my 17 brothers. But that is a different story. So that's probably why my brain is obsessing over him. And it sucks even more than Cardi B's rapping, and like nothing sucks more than that.

Because the last exam is tomorrow.. I'm distracted beyond measure. So I make a list of all my favourite quotes from Pride and Prejudice, write it on small square sheets of coloured paper and put it up on my pin board. Something ought to replace the hideous portion lists right?

So then after doing flexibility exercises and showering I hit the bed after setting an alarm for 4am.

**********************

Yayyyyy... Next chapter will be more exciting and the one after will be even betterrrrrrrr...... I can't wait.

VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE. It's a star icon on the left side. ! COMMENT and let me know what you liked and what you didn't . I am trying to improve!

Love you <3