Chapter 30 - Starbucks

The Sadashivnagar Starbucks branch is one of the more extravagant outlets. It's two storeyed with a separate brewing counter (which I absolutely love). I've been a biased tea-drinker for a long time. But after tasting black coffee, I realised that it truly is the elixir of life. I can't stand milk in coffee, but since I'm lactose-intolerant it doesn't matter whether I like it or not. I can't drink it.

Arjun releases my hand when we reach the steps of the building. I don't like the unsettling feeling which washes over me. But I realise that we suddenly aren't fighting and frowning anymore. The ice between us has finally broken.

We enter and walk to the counter. I scan the  blackboard menu. I love the Ethiopian shot here but if I take it I'll be a zombie for 6 hours. Not affordable.

"What would you like to drink?" Arjun asks, wallet in hand.

"Oh no please, I'll pay." I exclaim and dip my hand into my huge bag. I pull out my jacket to take out a small pouch in which I carry money and the Fifty Shades Darker Soundtrack CD falls down. Motherfuck. "Shit!" I mutter and pick it up becoming red in the face. I stuff it into my bag drowning in embarrassment. He saw it. He fucking saw it and he's laughing.

"Um, hi! I'll have a tall cold brew black please, with an extra shot and cold foam." I place my order.

"I'll take a Cappuccino." Arjun chuckles.

"Stop laughing will you? It's not even funny." I state, with a smile, finding an inch of humour in my own embarrassment.

"Okay okay." He says with his hands raised in surrender. Asshole.

After a few minutes we collect our name written cups - ALIA ARJUN, and take the corner before seat beside the huge french windows. The upholstery on the chair is a bright contrast against the darker walls and ceiling. We sit down facing each other. His brown eyes are still dancing with pure joy and I'm trying hard to not crack into a fit of laughter. He takes a sip of his coffee.

"So Fifty Shades huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows and asks.

"Yeah. I like the books and music." I mumble. And the movie, but as if he needs to know that.

"That's nice." He looks deep into my eyes and says for just my ears. Arjun stop. I take a long drink of the strong brewed liquid.

"So how did you join the concert?" I ask.

"Alisha introduced me. I do plays and performances on and off." He explains. Alisha. That bitch. I hate her.

"Do you like the act and dance?" His features minutely change at the questions. His eyebrows relax and chin comes down.

"Yeah. I really enjoy it. The step-sisters dance is maddening though." He says with a shake of his head. It's my turn to laugh. "For how long have you been dancing?" He asks.

"10 years ballet, 8 years Bharatnatyam, 2 years contemporary and a few months of Salsa, cha-cha and Jive." I tell him.

"Wow that's a lot. And they're pretty diverse dance forms too." He muses looking impressed. Yayayayayayayayayayay.

"It's a lot of fun. What about you? Do you play sports? Dance?" I ask.

"Well I play basketball and hockey. But I love the stage. So I don't dance, but I do acting, drama, etc." Arjun tells me. Boys and their boring ass lives. "Alia, I gather you enjoy reading romantic classic novels and BDSM and dance way too much and way too good. But what else interests you?" He asks steepling his hands together after sipping his coffee.