Chapter 65 - Take me all the way

The time of our lives by The Venice Collection slowly vibrates through the thick walls of the Varma Mansion as I get dressed for the party. After a tense stage rehearsal we all came back here to do a dress rehearsal and now everyone's getting ready for the night-before-show party. Its a little after 7:30 pm now.

I don't know whether I'm more excited or nervous. It's like a crazy feeling making me feel.... well, crazy. Not crazy as in extremely fanatical, but I think crazy as in wild and passionate. I open my mouth slightly as I slide the red lipstick against my lips. Dark and sexy. This same hue coated my lips during that night in Toscano.

But most importantly I'm happy. Happier than I've felt in so long. The blood in my veins is dancing and singing in ecstasy, pumping fast to an unknown beat. Its like they've found their music.

I look at the mirror one last time, seriously, unlike the last 28 times. My red satin dress fits really well and hits a couple inches above my knee. An enigmatic golden zip runs down the back and the deep V neck is patterned beautifully. It's plain but it's perfect. A messy bun and strappy golden pencil heels complete the look. Oh, and small diamond studs in all my piercings and a gold tennis bracelet. My makeup is simple but striking, liner, mascara, red lips and a shimmery bronzer-blush from Bobbi Brown, which is literally the best invention ever according to me.

Do I look different? I've myself this question so many times in the past few days. And today I think, yes. I do look different. Unable to admit the fact even in my own head, I rush out of the dressing room and walk down the hall to the basement, excited to enter the party which is undoubtedly a parallel portal.

When I pull the door open, it's like a whole different place altogether. Everyone is dressed to look their best. It's a vision. There are silver disco balls and all the lights are on, making it bright. The party atmosphere seeps through my skin immediately. I love parties. Mind-blowing dance parties. There are drinks, no alcohol for students below 18 though and finger-licking starters. Everyone is dancing to pop numbers from the early 20's and as I descend the steps down to the red colored dance floor Fireball by Pitbull bleeds in. Well, bloody hell.

Needless to say, I start looking for him. I don't know what's wrong with me, but I do. I just do.

He went out after dress rehearsals but something tells me he's here, in this room. My eyes start scanning the room from the doors and make their way around and forward. Then, all at once the hair at the back of my neck stands. Arjun. I smell him before I see him. "Red's definitely your color." He whispers from behind me, into my ear.

I bite back a growing smile. Compliments! My inner goddess jumps up and down on the sofa frantically.

I turn slowly. His smile falls and shock floods into his face. Arjun's mouth falls open but no words come out.

"Hi." I smirk.

"Wow." His throat bobs up and down as he tries fucking hard to gather his misplaced wits. Well done Alia!! Well done!!

I chuckle and drink him in. "You're not dressed up." I say pointing at his signature black jeans and white t-shirt.

"I'm fully dressed up." He counters.

"I guess." I smile shyly. Who am I kidding? He looks hot!

He stares at me for a few seconds and I think my DNA strands alter under the heat of his gaze which doesn't deter even though we're in a room full of screaming people dancing and singing. "I just have to ask. Where are hell are your glasses?"

What was the question! "Er Uh. Oh! I - uh- I'm wearing contacts." I reply all flustered bringing my finger to my nose to push my glasses, that aren't there in vain.