Chapter 1 - Girl Date

"Alia we are going to leave in 15 minutes". Mom yells from the kitchen downstairs. "Fine" I yell in reply. Okay so that means I have half an hour to get dressed. My mom has a standard time. It's usually double the actual time when she is at home and thrice when she is at work.

The geyser is already switched on and I head for my shower after setting the curling rod to heat..I gleefully smile in front of the mirror my chocolate brown iris's twinkling cutely imagining how are mom and daughter girl date is going to be. But moreover at the thought of being able to get dressed for it..I eye my black skirt with a silver zip at the back to go with a glittery black crop top with an inward knot in the front that comes an inch over my naval... And off course the most important, black lacy underwear.

I step into the shower and check the temperature before the spraying the showers of water on myself. I thoroughly scrub my body using the soapy loofah and wash my face with face wash. After spraying some Calvin Klein Sheer Beauty perfume I put on my clothes and zip up my skirt looking at the mirror finding doing that really sexy and then check out the whole outfit. I clap my hands in front of the mirror, coz when a girl likes something a lot, her hands tend to collide in an excited fashion. It's just how our brain send impulses to our skin cells. Gratified I walk up to my dressing table and start my makeup. Liner, mascara on curled lashes, blush and my treasured NARS deep red lip pencil. I do indulge in getting dressed perfectly because I feel its like a duty towards the society to look good unlike a slob (yeah I know its creepy and weird. It's just the way I AM).  It makes people happy and who gets a chance to curl their hair and wear sexy-ass clothes and do makeup on a daily basis? I don't! So why not make the most of it?

I curl my hair into classic waves and make the hairstyle Anna Kendrick had in the last scene in Pitch Perfect 3, except I do side parting. There are so many things in my head, but they aren't clear, they're in a chaotic disarray. The exams, the ballet production, the pointe work, who will be the prince?, should I wear the black peep toe stilettos or the tie up wedges?

Lost in thought I spring up from my chair ever so clumsily that I hit my right knee on the table with a thud and shoot of pain. "Damnit!" I got hurt on my funny bone! I limp to my closet slowly and unhook a black sling bag from the door. It already has the essentials and I add an identical red lipstick just incase I need a touch up after dinner. My ears are adorned with Swarovski studs and my wrist with a simple classic black Swatch. Taking  a second to look at myself I stand tall before my full length mirror stuck to the door. And I smile. I look happy and ready and thin and great. My self esteem shoots up and I switch off the lights and air-conditioning before a pair of horns erupt from my scalp. I open the door to find my mom running down the stairs with her perfect white teeth smile and before I know I'm mirroring her. She's wearing her new navy blouse and long skirt with boho accessories. Her straight short brown hair, similar to my own is open as usual and her dark blue liner compliments her fair and glowy complexion. I really love her so much.

"You look very pretty princess" mommy dearest smiles and compliments me. "You look beautiful too mom. New pinch". I look pathetically overdressed in comparison to her but I'm used to it. A flash of memory from last Rakhi comes to my mind when I was hideously decked up and equally embarrassed. Snapping out of my daze I walk to the shoe rack. Zizu (the name I lovingly call my mom) picks out a pair of turquoise blue flats while I simultaneously choose black peep toe stilettos. My inner annoying me meanly snorts at me. " Your 14 kid not 16, act your age". I ignore her and scream bye dad, bye dada, bye ma in a succession before shutting the main door close.

"Mom" I let out a squeal like an excited cat shocking her. "Thanks a ton for taking me on girl date".

"I needed a break too and you've studied really hard for all exams so far", she replies and I see the glint of excitement in her eyes as well.

I quickly hug her and we hop into the car. As I watch the road to Orion mall, my mind wanders again. Almost as far as I can remember we always went for girl date to Toscano in Orion mall, sat on the same table, and ordered the same food same drink. For me it was like ritual, just like drinking tea. So the speciality of this mom and daughter dinner date was that, we spoke about all things openly. Like boy stuff, my obsessions, teenage and hormonal shit. Conversations that don't include words like "studying",  "academics", and like the blah blah boring and brain aching discussion. We did super chill stuff, ate a crap ton of mouthwatering Italian delicacies and gelato, and laughed and didn't fight at all. Like that can never happen. And what can rock more than that? Duh! Nothing.

The cool breeze and party atmosphere along the artificial lake and fountain always made my heart leap and bound. And it would like make me happy from the inside. Like those deep moments when you feel content and just smile out of the blue and sigh. Yup. That's how it feels. Happy and peaceful and the heart does that little flutter coz,...... Im gonna go on and on repeating the exact same four words. (so, i shall stop :D)

I begin to reflect upon my routine ballet practices. The nervousness of heading the junior ballet in and as Cinderella has started to get scary. We did not have a Prince Charming as yet and the show was just 2 and half weeks away after exams got over day after tomorrow. Before my super fast imagination jumps to the biology exam and I debate over which lesson to revise first tomorrow we reach our destination and park the car in the basement.

The lake and restaurants are on the 1st floor and without further ado we we continue walking but alas ZARA and Aldo distract me and I'm fully absorbed into the task of scanning the shoes in each.

"Alia Malhotra allow me to remind you" begins my mother and I cut her of by saying  " I know, I know, fine, ugh".