Chapter 45 - Single Or Taken?

The next morning is a fucking disaster to say in the very least.

Mom wakes me up 10 minutes before I have to leave, which in turn makes me shout a string of expletives, which in turn earns me a nasty slap on my arm. I fumble into a pair of slacks and a tight knotted crop top. Its sky blue with short sleeves. I look sleep deprived with dark circles and tangled hair. Can I skip class today? No chance in hell the sensible part of my head voices. Angrily I grab brown liner from my makeup drawer and draw a neat line on my eyelid, natural but it still makes them look alive and bigger. I hate wearing makeup to class. But if I had to choose between missing class and getting kicked out of the performance and putting on some eye liner to prevent looking dead, I'd choose the latter. I toss a sandwich from last night into my bag and run out of the house just before mom shouts, ordering me to wait. I scoff and tell her to call on the drivers phone instead.

"I have some work at Enerjuvate and I'm taking Mohini along with me. After class come to the mall and we can go shopping. I'll pack some orange chilli tofu and pad thai for you. After shopping we can grab pizza at Sunny's and go home. Love you sweetheart. Have a nice class." She tells me everything.

"Love you zizu." I smile. My impeccably slim body is going to shit thanks to my sister I think ruefully looking down at my stomach. Did I mention she's one hell of a foodie? No? Well, she is.

Holy shit, My waist is naked. God. My brain jumps to imagine what will happen if Arjun touches it. Shit Shit Shit!!!! I can't deal with this right now I cringe my hands reaching for my head. This day hasn't even started and its proving more challenging by the second

I nap on the way to class. Six hours of sleep will render me to madness if something even worse.

No sooner do I reach Varma Mansion than I fly out of the car and run downstairs. As I slip out of my sandals I roll my eyes around the room, scanning it in search of Shona. I hope she isn't here yet. Bloody hell. My eyes catch sight of someone on the red velvet recliner chair. Arjun and Alisha. Arjun lying down like a fucking God modeling for Calvin Klein and Alisha perched up on his lap like a - , no Alia don't say it.

My heart stops. Everything stops. The hair at the back of my neck stands.

My first rational and primal urge is to shoot her brains out. No, screw that I grit crushing my teeth together. I'm going to shoot her fucking 34D tits. I fist my hands and my nails dig into my skin is rage. How dare he? I walk inside simmering; pissed and dejected. My throat constricts and my eyes ache to catch a glimpse of him. Arjun is one fine sight to the sore eye in his black ripped jeans and a white t-shrt that I can swear is tighter than usual. He's laughing at something that bitch Alisha said. Yana, Meriam, Tanusha, Adeline, Alex and Tanya sitting around in a circle with the twin boys. Now they're best friends also? Wow.

I think my bloody head is going to explode. I pull on my shoes gathering my wits. I breathe deeply and divert my focus on more pressing issues. My batch is practicing Kiss and Makeup, Batch 1 is seemingly practicing the resurrection scene from Giselle, Shona hasn't reached and Batch 3 is assisting with the kiddie dances. Shruthi I assume is choreographing the Salsa item with Darius, a wonderful latin dancer. He can move. I pop an aspirin into my mouth and drink some water when a thought crosses my mind. Is Arjun even single? Can Alisha be his girlfriend? I choke on my pill and start coughing like a maniac.

********

Arjun's POV

"Why are you continuing at Vidya Shilp? Change school Arjun. It'll be good for you." Yana suggests. Who the fuck is she to tell me jackshit. We met like 2 days ago. And honestly her slow drawling tone ticks me off. I inhale painfully and pretend not to hear her awful advice.