Chapter 36 - Being So Close

Music while writing this chapter :

Symphony - Zara Larsson
A sky full of stars - Coldplay
2002 - Anne Marie
Help me lose my mind - Disclosure
Time of our lives - the Venice collection

Dedicating Arjun's POV to greeshma2004 . This was her idea❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

********

Arjun's POV

Seeing Alia curve her back and push her ass out in abandon is one of the sexiest things I've seen. The blood in my horny body flows straight to my dick, hot and fast. I feel proud and honoured to be able to feel her body. So slim at the waist and so perfect and full above and below. And don't even get me started on the tight leotards. A few more days and I'll probably develop a fetish for those. I swallow and shift my legs.

But it's not just because she's a breath of fresh air, or hot but because she's challenging and smart. How many fourteen year old girls read Austen, Fitzgerald and Fifty Shades, develop a strong opinion and fight for it? Because she's the only one I've met.

I love that she's not innocent. Possibly makes me prick, no wait, a phlegmatic prick for not wanting her to be as innocent as a fresh white daisy, but it thrills me to know, that she's enlightened herself to the world of sin. Makes our souls similar. Oh please! Her body, mind, soul and heart is far more different than yours. My inner conscious states. Ruefully I realise, he's nothing but right. I'm not innocent anymore, not the way she still is.

I never in wildest dreams imagined that I'd meet her again. Alia. That fierce brown-eyed, long haired girl I encountered at Toscano. She threatened to slap me. Strangely enough, given a chance I think she'd do it even now. But I'm more than lucky and grateful that our paths crossed. Destiny, fate, god, Shona whatever, hell even Alisha, I'm thankful to them. Because apart from getting a glimpse of her ferocity, I'd know nothing. I couldn't have discovered her grace while dancing, her gentle side, her bossy side, her annoying side.

I've got it bad. Like really fucking bad.

She looks slightly different today, I can't place my finger on it, but definitely something. Her face is flushed and glowy, the winter sun reflecting in her twinkling liquid eyes. Before I can give it more thought, we go downstairs to start the dance. Alia explains the steps and counts. Nervous and slightly unsure I nod.

We walk to the centre of the room, underneath the lit chandelier and right there at that moment, a surge of confidence washes over me. More like inspiration, from Kit in the Cinderella movie. I slide my hand around her waist and pull her closer, so we breathe in each other's breath. The vanilla scent from her fair neck clouds my senses and drives me wild. "Count", I almost pant. Her body trembles under my hand sending my hearts racing. She's so beautiful.

I dare to move closer, wanting more when suddenly she pushes me away and turns away breathless.

What in fuck's name. Just happened.

When I say my thoughts aloud, she mumbles some lame excuse about being overwhelmed and snaps at me. Rage seeps my thick blood and before I explode I walk out on her.

Why did I do that? I think running my fingers through my hair in frustration.
I made a convenient fool of myself.
What's wrong with me.

**********

Alia's  POV

"Huh?" I let out. "I didn't hear you right."

"You did. You're trying to make up, aren't you?" He says smugly.

"Uh. Okay." I exhale. Did not expect that. "But class is going to start and we haven't started the  dance yet."

"Figure it out Alia, I happen to know, that you're great at planning." Arjun digs his hands into his tight jean pockets.

Sonofabitch. "Whatever. Let's go down now, after the dance, you can 'get to know me' for as long as you please." I huff.

He walks off without even as much as a nod of agreement.

"You don't have to be such an attitude freak you know?" I tell him.

"That's my choice Cinderella." I can practically hear the smirk in his voice.

"Don't call me that." I gag.

I don't get a reply.

If I get my hands on that sexy neck, he's dead.
The sexy came out of nowhere.
Fridge it.

I stomp behind him. He stands exactly where I left him. Arjun. Tall and fit, in black and white. My mind starts forming an image it shouldn't and I quickly scoot in front of him. When he doesn't give any signal to start I say, "I'm ready."

"Indeed?" He smirks. Now he's just a fucker.

"Don't make me call you names again." I say full of hate and anger.

He doesn't even flinch, and with a cool demeanor once again connects his hand with my waist. The atmosphere is thick, unshed feelings and words cloaking our visages with pain, uncomfort. Why do I want to hug him so bad right now? Like a physical pull. God, what's happening????

There isn't any music playing. I pull away to set the song, but Arjun grips my wrist roughly while I'm still at arm's length and pull me hard so I bang into his wall of a chest. My nose gets squished and  my head spins. The smell of his body fills me and I go still for a few beats. The proximity is too much, our bodies touching, sharing heat, toe to toe and chest to shoulder. My hand involuntarily finds its way to his chest. Fingertips exploring his pecs, my mouth opens and I bite my lower lip. His heart beats faster, harder and I pull into reality like a sledgehammer hit my head. Our breathing comes out in pants, "let go of my hand. I need to play the music." I beg.

Arjun drops my hand as though it were a flaming spear and turns away.

Yeah, some shit is definitely going down today.

Barely recovering, I choose a powerful song, to boost my confidence and unleash my inner bitch, just so I don't faint the next time he pulls me so close to him. Because something tells me, that's going to happen a lot.

'Not Afraid Anymore' in Halsey's angelic voice fills the dark room.

*********

We hit 5K guys!!! Thank you so much for all the love and support. For sticking around and following Alia and Arjun's crazy journey.
It means so much. Lots of love❤️