[WS] "WCPH REVIEW: 'NISEKOI' "

Written 06 September 2019

//START

//CC

(THIS IS A CARBON COPY OF THE SAME ARTICLE POSTED BY Rainier Malanday ON THE 'WEEB COMMUNITY PH' GROUP.)

ITT: Animé movies/series/etc that you didn't like but everyone seems to adore for some reason.(I'm going to give a somewhat "neutral" recollection of my painful experiences of watching this animé series.)

'Nisekoi'

Hmm. Let me start this with, "My tolerance level was put to the test with this particular animé series, and I've had enough after the sixth episode―i. e., I dropped it like a hot sack of political patata."

I just find the whole series as a total waste of plot. The premise was . . . somehow predictable, but okay. Thing is, everything went from "dumb, but tolerable" to "painfully retarded", once the "unnecessary" elements came into play. Also, the main couple introduced in the series felt, like, they were forced to be a couple in the first place―literally and figuratively; there's no hint of "romantic compatibility" between the two. The other characters within the so-called couple's inner circle were only a notch more interesting than the main characters, but they're not even worth following in the long run. Lastly, there's one side character that totally turned me off, because of their . . . "exaggerated" violent tendencies.

Overall, watching the first six episodes of 'Nisekoi'―before dropping it altogether―was just like reading the unbelievably cheesy teen romance stories on Wattpad: poorly-written, filled with unnecessary elements, dull characters, and had the very same plot that, after a few inconsistencies, turned into a disastrous train-wreck. In short words, "A total waste of time." I still don't even understand what people liked about this series, aside from the "ship war" that eventually became one of the worst scams in the history of mānga and animé.

Rating: ●○○○○

//CC

//END