Chapter Four

A few minutes later, I was beyond 'not disappointed.' One might even say I was extremely impressed with what they'd done to me. Looking myself over in Mina's mirror, I grinned.

My makeup was on point, for starters. Hagakure had taken Jiro's advice and not gone insane, but I was still clearly wearing makeup. She'd done winged eyeliner as promised with the reddish-pink eyeshadow that Uraraka had picked out, and blushed my nose and cheeks pretty heavily. She'd even given me some lip gloss after some thought. She hadn't bothered with mascara though, because apparently, I had "perfect fucking eyelashes" and was "too blessed for it to be legal." According to her.

Mina had done a Dutch braid down the top of my head that turned into a lil' ponytail at the base of my head.

Momo had made a bunch of outfits for me and Jiro and Tsuyu had picked out, supposedly, the perfect combination; I was now in a baggy white sweater that read Riot on it in big red letters. It was over a black button-down shirt with the collar sticking out. They'd tucked it into a knee-length black skirt and given me knee-length black-and-white checkered socks. Momo finished it off with ankle-high combat platform boots that I was already obsessed with.

"Oh my gosh, you guys," I laughed aloud, twirling so that the skirt flared out. "I look so good!"

"Hell yeah, you do!" Mina cheered me on. "C'mon, what's the point of being cute if now one else sees it?" She grabbed my hand and we all went back to the common room. Well, I knew I looked a little feminine, but that was manly as hell. Screw logic.

We all got to the common room and I was glad I already had blush on because it covered up the real blush. I wasn't embarrassed, I don't think. Just a little insecure.

"Damn, Ei," Denki started, grinning. He had his hand up to his face, which was also red. "You look hot af."

"Oh, shut up," I muttered, feigning annoyance. "Hey, do you have a freaking nose bleed, bro?"

"You can't blame me!" We were both laughing, and soon enough, everyone was. I felt... good. Not just a distracted-good, but a good-good. That was nice, at least.

I sat down next to him on the couch and he asked, "So, that make you feel any better?"

"Yeah, it actually did," I nodded, a genuine smile on my face.

"That's good," he replied, still looking me over. "Not gonna lie, I'd smash," he smirked.

I smacked his arm. "Denki! You don't just..." still laughing, I managed to finish the sentence. "You don't just say stuff like that!"

"Sure I do. I just did," he replied. "But seriously, man. You look great."

"Well, thanks," I murmured, my smile turning a little bashful.

"Stop flirting," Sero yelled from the corner. Denki's eyes widened for half a second before he went stupid.

"I think you broke him," I called to my friend.

"Nah, bro, that was you," he grinned.

"Ehh... whatever! Let's go do something. I'm already bored!" I said cheerfully.

"Let's go on a class trip to the mall!" Mina squealed.

"Yes!" Hagakure agreed, nodding.

"I agree it would be fun," Momo nodded. Todoroki immediately agreed with her.

"I suppose going on a class activity outside of school would build trust and strengthen the bonds we've already created," Iida decided.

"I don't wanna go anywhere with you, losers!" Bakugo yelled, as he does.

"Come on, bro! It'll be fun," I said, crossing my arms. What? I still wanted to be friends with him.

"'Fun' isn't even that important! What's the point, it's not like we're gonna get anything, we can't afford it," he argued back.

"We have the rich kids right there," Uraraka pointed at Momo, Todoroki, and Iida.

"I will refuse to let you pay me back. I'm just going to put that out there," Todoroki said.

"You just want to max out as many of your dad's credit cards as you can," Ojiro replied, and Todoroki just shrugged in response.

"C'mon, Kacchan," Midoriya said. "What else are you gonna do?"

"Sleep," he answered blandly.

"It's Friday," the greenette pointed out.

"With you?" Bakugo tilted his head, and Midoriya blushed, smacking Bakugo's arm.

"Kacchan!"

I snorted loudly. "Sorry," I mumbled, still sort of laughing. I mean, I wasn't the only one laughing. It had been a pretty funny exchange, anyway.

"Fine," Bakugo sighed after awhile. "But I'm not happy about it," he grumbled, clearly happy that Midoriya wanted to bring him.

I looked over to my friend, who was still next to me, and still stupid. I waved my hand in front of his face.

"Denki? Denks? Danki? Irl-Pikachu?" I tried to get his attention, but it still took a few tries to snap him out of it.

He finally looked at me with some form of sentience and I felt accomplished.

"Oh, sorry bro. I spaced out for a sec." Then he smirked. "And now I remember why. What's going on?"

"We're going to the mall," I said.

"Like, all of us?" he asked, noticing that everyone was getting up, stretching, even already out the door and yelling at us to hurry up.

"Yep," I grinned. "Let's go!"