Chapter Sixty-Three

"Yeah, it's really not anywhere," Eiji sighed frustratedly, rechecking my closet for the billionth time.

"That's so annoying," I grumbled. "The one time I actually—"

I was cut off by the familiar sound of Present Mic's voice echoing through the hallways. "STAY IN YOUR ROOMS, EVERYBODY! A MEMBER OF THE LEAGUE OF VILLAINS HAS BEEN SPOTTED ON PREMISES!" What the fuck?

"I thought we captured them all," I said, wide-eyed.

"Me too," Denki frowned. "Unless... But there's no way..."

"What do you mean? Dabi? I thought you said he was dead," I realized.

"That's what I thought," he answered, panicking. It was clear none of it was faked. "If he's back here, then it must've been a part of their plan. They've never put so much thought into  a single plan, so I hadn't even thought of the possibility. Gah, I feel like an idiot..."

"BAKUGO! HE WANTS TO TALK!" We heard the next announcement by Mic, and I froze for a moment. "COME DOWN IMMEDIATELY!"

"I guess I gotta go," I said. "Wish me luck?"

"We're coming with—" they both started to protest, but were interrupted.

"ALONE!"

We all sighed collectively. "Good luck," Denki pouted, and Ei nodded, punching me lightly on the shoulder.

"Be careful, alright, 'Suki?" I nodded, then left the room.

I arrived in the common room, and lo and behold, there stood Dabi with his hands behind his head. He was wearing a plain grey sweater and blue skinny jeans, not his usual hobo-wear. "So it's you," he said upon seeing me. I was immediately on edge; this was the bastard who kidnapped me, after all. "C'mere."

I looked to my teachers. Midnight, Present Mic, and Eraserhead were all there, and my homeroom teacher was holding something saggy and black. Midnight and Mic shrugged, and Aizawa-sensei said, "I'm erasing his quirk right now, you're fine."

So I walked over, not too close, but not on the opposite side of the room. "They told us they killed you. Why the fuck are you here and alive?"

"Oh, I'm sure they thought I was dead. That happens quite a lot, actually. Someone thinks they've killed me 'cuz I'm lying there all burnt out and I'm not moving. They try to hide me. Then I get away. It's all happened before with dad, but hey, you're not here to listen to my life story. You didn't show him what I brought," he added cryptically.

"Oh, yeah, Kaminari said you were looking for this," Aizawa lifted the object he was holding.

"Is that my winter costume? How the hell..." I asked, more confused and relieved to have it back than angry with him.

"Oh, I picked it up from the crazy blonde bitch," he replied. "She stole it off you at some point."

"Hang on, when did you come into contact with her? She said she killed you long before she came back as Deku. Unless it was while she was disguised as Pinky?" I asked, and he shook his head.

"Nah, they didn't let me come on that mission. I didn't wanna actually burn the school down 'cuz lil' Shoto still goes here and I don't wanna fuck his life up anymore than I have to," he explained.

"Shoto? How do you know the Half-n-Half Bastard?"

He snorted. "Perfect nickname for him. He's my little brother, but he thinks Toya died a long time ago. That's my real name."

I glanced back at my teachers. If they cared about the relation, they didn't show it. "Fair enough," I responded, still careful. "Denki said you'd jump at the opportunity to burn U.A. to the ground, though. And why would the League keep you away? And how?"