Chapter Twenty-Two

As I was laying on my bed, my eyes long dry after having myself a good cry, I heard a knock on the door. I didn't respond.

There was another knock. Then another, and two more after that.

"Oi, Kirishima! You've been in there for ages," I heard Bakugo call outside the door. I still didn't say anything. When he figured out I wasn't about to reply, he continued. "I uh... I just figured you might wanna come down. At least for a few minutes. Pinky's officially saying bye, I guess. We don't need to talk about anything earlier if you don't want to." I sluggishly sat up on my bed, knowing I should probably go. I wouldn't want miss this just because I was feeling a little down. What kind of friend would I be? I paused when he went on talking. "I'm uh... I'm a little worried, I guess. I didn't mean to hurt you if I did. M'sorry."

Fuck, don't apologize, it's my fault for being such a wreck and running away from it. Don't be sorry. Don't be worried.

Putting on a brave face, I rushed to the door and opened it a little quickly. "Right! Let's go. Don't wanna miss her official moving-out."

Upon seeing how 'fine' I looked, he reverted back to og Bakugo. "Tch, Whatever. Let's just go see Pinky off."

So we arrived back in the common room, and Mina and Hagakure were hugging.

"I'm gonna miss yoouuu," Toru said, crying.

"I'm gonna miss you tooo! I promise I'll be here for every girls' night if I don't have too much homework," Mina replied, also sobbing in her friend's arms. "And I'll go with you guys to the mall and stuff and I'll eat lunch with you and you guys had better invite me to every 1-A party."

"We totally will!" They pulled apart and wiped off their tears. Hagakure glanced behind Mina and spotted me. "Hey, Kiri! We didn't see you earlier, where were you?"

"Uh, napping," I said immediately. I wasn't about to make this thing about my problems.

"You and Kami already slept in today, did you really need a nap?" she giggled.

"It depends, did you actually sleep last night?" M*neta joked from the side. I did my best to ignore the implications of this question, but I had to admit to myself, people paying actual attention to me was starting to grind on me. I generally didn't have to worry about my 'social interaction battery' anymore, but at the moment, it was running really low.

"Nothing happened, M*neta," Denki sighed. "Besides, that's not even what we're supposed to be focusing on right now." Now, some people probably saw that as a little mean, but I was actually very grateful that he was trying to keep people from talking to me at the moment, whether he was upset or being considerate, so I just nodded along.

Mina walked over to me and gave me a big ol' hug. While her arms were still around me, she muttered, "Kami's barely holding it together. I don't know what's going on with you two today, but you better try and fix it." I wanted to reply, but I also didn't want to make this a whole big thing.

"I'm gonna miss you here, Mina," I said aloud, just nodding along subtly to what she's said. "It's not gonna be the same without you. Although it's still bound to be great." I took a deep breath and did my best to catch Denki's eye behind her back without drawing attention. He glanced in my direction as I started to speak again. "I'm gonna miss you so much, but I'm sure you'll have an awesome time in your new class. We'll have an awesome time with Shinso. Not just that, we're gonna be the best fucking friends you've ever seen. And we'll still all have parties with you and shit," I laughed, turning my full attention back to Mina. She gave me a smile. Denki was still staring at me, a little disbelievingly.

I knew I was messing with him. It wasn't on purpose, by any means. But we had to talk again before I ruined everything with him completely.

"You'd better give Shinso the best fucking time of his life or I'll strangle you," Mina laughed.

"Yeah, I figured. Shit just sucks. But that's okay." She rolled her eyes.

"You are gonna be fine without me. Shinso. Is. Great."

"I already know that," I scratched the back of my neck, smiling at the ground.

"Good. It'll turn out great, then." She sighed, both of her hands now just on my shoulders. "I'm gonna miss you too, Kiri."