Chapter 3: Meeting Josuke Higashikata, part 2

Saya knew right off the bat that she was, already, having a very odd day. It started with her just going to school and now she's walking with three guys talking about an affair and inheritance. There was also that magic healing turtle that everyone seemed to forget about. Airi told her about the many kinds of people living in Morioh but she never mentioned something like this! Really would've been appreciated even if she wouldn't have believed her.

"So there you have it. Eventually, you're gonna find yourself in possession of a third of the old man's inheritance. That's the message I can tell you. Hate to lay this on you but this affair as turned the Joestar family upside down." Jotaro said.

Josuke gasped. "Upside down? Are you serious?"

" I am. My grandma, Lily, is the angriest she's ever been in their entire marriage and they've been together 61 years." Jotaro said. Saya had to cringe at the thought. 'She must have been pissed.' That HAD to be an understatement of the freaking century. Lily wasn't angry, she was FUCKING LIVID!!! Once the affair came to light, Lily was more than ready to try and murder Joseph with the most vicious, hate-filled expression Jotaro had ever seen her make. She would've crushed his head to pieces with that couch she held above her if he and Rosas hadn't held her back.

"Please forgive me!" Josuke said, getting into a bow. "This is all my fault!"

"Hey, there's no need to freak out. Why are you apologizing in the first place?" Jotaro asked, genuinely surprised by this kid's reaction to all this.

"Well, I... I'd hate to be the cause of the family falling apart. Whenever the subject came up, my mom told me she was deeply in love. Knowing that she had that is enough for me. Could you tell my dad...I mean, Mr. Joestar, he doesn't need to concern himself with us. Thank you." Josuke said.

'What's with this kid? I came here ready to be decked on behalf of the old man. But instead of being angry, HE'S the one apologising to me.' Jotaro thought.

Saya looked at the boy with awe and spread a gentle smile. 'Wow...talk about selfless. He's such a good kid. Oh! Wait, he's my neighbour! How haven't I run into him yet?! Well, that's my fault, but...maybe he and I can be friends.' Saya thought with joy as she was about to formally introduce herself to Josuke when a couple of voices rang out.

"Look, it's Josuke!" "Yeah, it is!" Everyone turned their heads to see three girls with smiles running over, with their main objective being to crowd around Josuke.

"Hey, Josuke! What a coincidence!"

"Let's go to class together."

"You're hair's looking glorious as ever."

"It's so great!"

"You're so different from the other guys at school." The girls kept talking as they crowd around Josuke. Saya raised an eyebrow at the girls wondering how they weren't realising that they were invading his space. She could tell that they liked him, it was obvious, but come on! Give the guy some breathing room. She looked over at Jotaro and saw that he was getting annoyed by them.

"That's great...but we're actually in the middle of an important chat so..." Josuke tried to say.

"Aw, come on."

"If you don't hurry, we're going to be late for school."

"You can talk later.

As the girls continued to talk Saya started to get ticked off. Couldn't they see he was busy talking with someone else and they just go and interrupt like that? Saya couldn't stand rude people like this. She was about to step in and tell them to stand back and wait for him to be done when Jotaro spoke up.