Chapter 16

I feel asleep half on my bed, half falling out of it with sweatpants on. I slept on and off in some dream that I could only remember fragments of. It wasn't unusual. I normally didn't have dreams or just plain out can't remember them.

"Grey," Marcy whispered.

I sat up in the bed,"whats the matter?"

"I had a bad dream, can I sit in here for awhile?" she whispered.

"Sure," I shrugged.

She calmly walked over to me and sat on top the covers. Her body molded into mine under the covers. I could still feel the heat coming from her like she was the sun, but I must be imaging it. Vampire didn't have any heat.

I looked up at the door as something large came through and whined. It was the dog.

"Sure," I mumbled while he came on top the bed and sat next to Marcy.

She laid her head on the dogs body and fell asleep. I watched her for awhile until I finally felt drowsy enough to go to bed. The dog snores like a train so it wasn't easy, but with Marcy beside me radiating heat I feel asleep with my head leaned on her shoulder.

-----------------------------------------

"I'm so telling Lacy," Cas said at my bedroom door. I looked at him confused then realized Marcy was sound asleep in my bed. I jumped out the bed looking down at her. She came in my room late at night saying she had a nightmare, the dog soon followed her.

"Cas..." I said knowing where his attention was. He started to run but I caught him by the shirt and pulled him into my room closing the door.

"Cas needs a little fun," he replied leaning against the dresser in my room.

"She had a nightmare and came in my room. Nothing happened," I explained.
He looked down at my bare chest. I sighed throwing on the same shirt I wore yesterday.

"Hmm," he said with a sparkle of mischief in his eyes.

"If you tell Lacy, or any of the girls I will hurt you," I threatened as Marcy began to stir and move in her sleep.

"So, Val told me to get ready because her and her mate are eating lunch," he said yawning.

"Stop calling him that," I whispered moving around my room.

"What mate? Do you want me to call him her boyfriend or what?" He asked quietly.

"Just her guy friend," I said finding a new shirt, jeans and other things.

"Ya, well Marcy's your mate," Cas argued.

"I'm what?" She said sleepily while yawning.

"Nothing, go back to sleep, it's still early," I whispered. She nodded but didn't listen to me. Instead she pulled herself off the bed and walked across the room to me.

"I...I need to go change. I didn't know I feel asleep in here," she smiled with blonde hair tangled around her face.
I nodded. I could feel the heat from her as she leaned over and brushed her lips over mine. That was not my Marcy, she's never kissed me, I've always always kissed her.

I swallowed watching her walk out the room and close the door behind her.

"What's the matter with you?" Cas asked making me jump out my thoughts.

"Nothing, I'm just thinking. We aren't going to follow the mayor today. You and Maria can do whatever but be careful," I said changing into the grey shirt and jeans.

Cas stood by the door messing with his fingernails. He wore a light red shirt with khaki shorts like he never got cold.

"My older brother wanted to speak with me," he said. All of a sudden he looked like a child, an eighteen year old kid instead of a big bad vampire.

"What does Ben want?" I asked him. I've seen Ben before when we were younger, but that was when they didn't know what we were. Ben, Cas, and I would go outside and walk the streets. We would hide from the police when the time stalkers came out. We laughed and ate candy from the store that used to sit at the corner. Three tootsie rolls for five cents.

"He wants to talk to me about pretending to be a vampire and scaring my parents," he said looking at the ground.

"You should talk to him," was all I could really say about the matter. His parents and sister disowned him. All he had left was his older brother and other relatives that his parents hadn't told.

"I might take Maria with him so I don't give up and walk away from him," he explained.

"That's good. I probably will be out the whole day so remember to lock up the warehouse and the meeting room. Let the big mutt out to use the bathroom then lock him in Marcy's room. When you're out can you pick up some dog food?" I asked.

"Yes I know, you give me this speech every time I leave except for the dog thing," he shook his head.

"Good," I grabbed my book bag and slid shoes on. Cas brushed his curly hair out his eyes and opened the door. I followed him out.

"Are you brushing you hair?" He asked.
I totally forgot about my hair.

"Ya," I went back him my room and took a brush. I pulled it through my new hair without any trouble. No matter how much I tried to hide the highlights under the dark parts of my hair it always showed up again. I put the brush back down in frustration and went to find Val.

She was in her room putting a silver locket around her neck. Valeria wore black jeans that hugged her hips and thighs, a dark blue shirt, and blue heels. She wore silver eyeshadow, mascara, and bright red lip stick that made her pale skin look deathly pale. The boy better not stare at her or I'm going to break his eyes.

"When did you start dressing like that?" I asked her. Normally she wore flare jeans and big shirts.

"Thought I'd try something new," she replied taking off her glasses and putting on contacts. They added a little gold to her brown eyes,"do I look good enough?"

"You look fine. If this guy stares at you I'm going to punch him," I said smiling.

"Is Marcy ready to go? The bus comes in fifteen minutes," she said looking down at her watch.

"I'll go see," I closed her door and went to find Marcy. I heard the dog growling before I got to her door.