Chapter 15

"Val's not here," Cas said coming out the bedroom section of the warehouse. He saw Marcy's Mom and paused.

"Where'd she go?" I asked. Val's never snuck out let alone got mad or upset.

"I'm right here, stop worrying," she said in an unusual voice. I looked at the warehouse door to see her coming in wearing heels and extremely tight pants.

"Where'd you go?" I asked.

"Went to the store. Is that a problem big man on campus? You seemed pretty busy with Marcy and I wanted to go out," she shrugged itching under the white silk gloves she wore.

"Just next time, tell me where you're going," I waved her off and went to talk to Lacy.

"Grey, I'm your twin sister. The least you could do is give me some attention," she said calmly. I turned back around to see her face red with frustration.

"Valerie, what's your problem?" I asked. She never acted so needy and spoiled before she went in the dream. What's wrong with her now and what happened in that dream?

She then took the glove off her right hand and threw it at me. She ran out the door but before she could I caught a look at the timer on her wrist. Fourteen days and nineteen hours.

"I'll....I'll be back," I said chasing after her. Valerie was fast as a vampire, but I was faster than her and everyone else in my pack. I didn't realize that Val left but she didn't need to leave and get upset for me not giving her attention.

"Valerie," I finally caught up to her in the forest behind the warehouse. I grabbed her arm to stop her. She had tears running down her face. I haven't seen her so upset since I found her after escaping the prison.

"Grey, please just let me go," she cried wiping her face with the back of her hands.

Instead of letting her go I pulled her into me. I towered above her head while she shook in my arms.

"Val, what's the matter?" I asked quietly.

"I...you just don't have time for us anymore. I decided to go out and I found my mate. He's a good guy, but I just don't know," she shrugged finally pulling away from me.

"Well, how about we both meet him tomorrow afternoon. I can take Marcy with me. A double date," I suggested.

She smiled a little,"I..I need to hunting," she then turned and ran.

I ran back to the warehouse to see Lacy's car gone. I opened the door and walked in to see Marcy rampaging through the fridge.

"What are you doing?" I asked. She turned to me with her fangs bared.

"I'm just so hungry," she whined. I nodded understanding. I took a key out my pocket and unlocked a part of the fridge. I passed her a bottle and she drunk the entire bottle.

"You're a vampire Marcy, you can't hold off on it," I said.

"I know," she handed me the empty bottle.

I took her chin into hand and pushed up making the fangs disappear. She winced in pain as I did it.

"We're going to a double date tomorrow, Val found her mate and I have to make sure he's worthy of dating my sister," I took Marcy in my arms. She was pale, but I could feel the warmth coming off her skin unlike any other vampire. She felt almost human.

"I guess, where are we going?" She asked smiling.

"I don't know Val does," I shrugged.

"Are you ready to give Valerie up yet?" She asked with a bigger smile. I frowned.

"I don't really have a choice," I said.

"I can't wait to meet him," Marcy kissed me on the lips and got up to leave. Marcy was really different, she was bolder now.

"Goodnight Marcy," I called as she walked to her room.