Chapter 17

"Are you ready to go?" I asked her pushing the door open. She stood in front of the mirror brushing her blonde hair. She wore light colored skinny jeans, a baggy sweat shirt, and white converses. Her hips shown through the pants and her sweat shirt was actually less baggy in the front.

"Stop staring Grey," she caught my eyes in the mirror. I laughed.

"Val said the bus comes in fifteen minutes," I said.

"I know," she showed me her wrist that was covered in dry and new blood.

"Why didn't you take it off?" I asked moving to take her wrist in my hand.

"You told me I have to know time not to get caught, how am I suppose to do that without a watch. Grey you can't shield me from everything. I have to go back to school tomorrow. It's been two days," she replied grabbing a bag from off the bed and sliding it over her shoulder.

"I know, I'll be there with you, but not the whole day," I said grabbing her hand. She let me drag her out the room and through the back of the warehouse.
She flinched a little as we got out and walked through the forest.

"No ones here," I reminded her.

"You're going to be late if we don't get going," Val said tapping her watch. She was walking in circles around the trees.

"Nervous," I said.

"A little bit. He's a bit of a nerd and I guess I am too," she went on and on from nervous chattering as we walked to the bus station," he's different, somehow like he's been hurt, broken, or just living because he has to."

She started to trail off. Marcy looked at her cautiously as tears started spilling from her eyes.

"Glad I wore waterproof makeup,"she laughed a little bit.

"Val..."

"He, he could kill himself and leave me because some reason I don't know, and I could hurt him more,"her voice started hiking up a few pitches and she walked a little crooked.

"Calm down Valerie," I said putting my hands on her shoulder. She relaxed immediately and looked up at me," he will be fine."

"I know, I'm just worried," we walked to the bus station and waited at the bus stop. Because Marcy being late, the bus came around the corner as soon as we got there.

Marcy seated all the way in the back of the bus like she's done it millions of times. I sat beside her and Valerie sat closer to the front so she could look out the windows. Every thing had to be perfect for her.

"She's going to be fine," Marcy whispered to me while watching her check her watch multiple times and look out the window.

"I know," I whispered back looking at my sisters head.