Chapter 21

"So does that mean I get to start introducing you as my boyfriend?" I ask pulling away from our kiss. He rolls his eyes playfully.

"Yes, as of right now I am officially your boyfriend as you are mine."

"Perfect." I reply before giving him a quick peck and grabbing his hand leading him to my father's office. "Dad," I say opening the door. "I want to officially-" I stop when I see he's not alone. My face falls, "Oh it's the she devil. I can come back later."

"Kim Taehyung, don't call your mother by such names!" He exclaims. I roll my eyes as I see her grinning in amusement 

"I apologize for my rude statement Mother." I say blankly.

"So much for counting on Min Seo to make a decent man out of you." She retorts crossing her arms. "We were having an important discussion, so whatever you and trouty mouth have to say better be good." I bite my tongue not to say anything back while I see Jin thin out his lips at her statement.

"Seoyun that's enough from you too." Father says getting up from his chair and walking towards us. "So what is it that you wanted to say son?" His eyes are focused on my hand that is still holding on to Jin's.

"I wanted to officially introduce Jin to you."

"I already know who Jin is, Tae. I don't know if you know this, but he's been working for us for a while now."

I shake my head trying to hide my smile and blush. "I know Father. I wanted to introduce him to you as my boyfriend."

Silence. That's all we heard afterwards pure silence. Mother glares at us as Father looks at us with a serious look on his face, and I feel Jin's grip on me tightening. I can tell he's as nervous as me as I can also feel a small tremble in his grip.

After what seems like forever Father's tight line lips finally break into a smile. "Finally!" He yells. "My son finally grew a pair." He added as he ruffled my hair.

"Of course it had to be you who brought a stinky stray from the outside to have your fun with." I hear mother say bitterly.

"Seoyun, no one asked for your opinion. Unless you have anything decent to say then I ask for you to leave my office." I allow myself the pleasure of showing her my biggest grin as she starts walking towards the door.

She stops when she reaches Jin. "With all sincerity, I wish you the best," she starts "Let's keep our fingers crossed that my man-whore of a son doesn't cheat on you the first week in."

"Out!" Father repeats and we soon hear the door close.

"With all due respect, sir, are you sure you're okay with this relationship?" Jin asks.

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"You've already helped me so much. You've given me a job, food, and shelter and I don't want you to think that I'm trying to take advantage of your trust."

Father takes in what Jin says and turns to me. "Taehyung, are you happy?"

I look over to my now boyfriend and I can't help but look at him in awe and give his hand a small squeeze. "Extremely happy, Father" 

"That's all I want Jin. My son's happiness, and if you're it then who am I to get in the way of love?"

"Thank you Dad." He congratulates us one last time before making our way out of his office. The rest of the night passes by smoothly. Min Seo happily collects her new set of pots and pans that she won in the bidding auction.

"Saved all year for this moment. No more rusted pans at home boys." She tells us as she makes her way back to her room. We all laugh at her silliness and my attention goes back to the stage.