Chapter 40

Tae POV

"You're lying!" Jin yells. "You really think that I'd believe you after all the shit you've done to me?"

Mother looks directly at me narrowing her eyes. "You didn't tell him?" She says with that evil smirk still on her face. "You really are like me," she scoffs and walks out.

I stay frozen in place. I feel familiar hands grab a hold of my arms to face me towards him. "She's lying, right?" I face him still not knowing what to say. "Tell me she's lying," Jin pleads. I try to keep my composure, but I break when I see the hope mixed with fear in his eyes.

"I'm so sorry," I sob out. "I was stupid and angry, and I know that it doesn't justify what I did, and I swear it didn't mean anything. She meant nothing. It was a drunken mistake." He shakes his head in disbelief and let's go of me.

"That morning that I dumped your breakfast on you," he steps back. "That's why you took a long time to answer the door. She was still in there." I can see the pain leave his eyes as he's overtaken by anger. "That was the morning after we had sex."

"Please, I'm sorry," I beg getting on my knees.

"You fucked me. Broke my heart, and still had the audacity to go out and look for someone else to fuck afterwards!" He yelled. I could see his anger was causing his whole body to shake as tears keep rolling down his eyes. I've never seen him this angry, which raises the fear a have of losing him even more.

"I know. I don't deserve you and I know I don't deserve another chance, but please. I need you in my life," I cry out desperately reaching for his hands and resting my forehead on them. "You're the air that I breathe. Without you I suffocate. Without you I can't live." I sob. He snatches his hands away from me, but I reach out for them again. "Please I'm begging you, don't leave me again."

"Taehyung let go of me." He says coldly.

"No!" I exclaim. "I'll do anything." I can sense him getting angrier as his hands continue to shake in my grip. "Hit me. Punch me if you have to but please don't tell me that we're over. I just got you back. I need to fix this." I keep begging.

He snatches his hands from me once again and lifts me up. One of his hands fist my shirt pulling me closer as he turns the other into a fist and raises it. I close my eyes in resignation waiting for the impact of his fist on my face.

I waited a few seconds but opened my eyes when I didn't feel anything. As I see Jin again, my body temperature drops. His fist is still up and he's looking at me with thos big eyes that used to be filled with love, except this time they're not filled with anything. I don't see the anger and pain he had in them earlier. He's just staring at me emotionless. He sighs letting go of my shirt and bringing his fist down.

"There's nothing left to fix," he mutters walking out the house.

"No!" I yell reaching out to him but am held back.

"Let him cool off," Yoongi says holding me back. I turn around and see that my friends and Min Seo are here.

"Min Seo, help me. What do I do?" She reaches for a tissue to wipe her eyes but stays silent. "Please say something."

"This is why I didn't approve of you pursuing him at first, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and trusted you with one of the most important person in my life." She said. "The only thing I have left of my sister and I trusted you with him. And you've broken his heart more than once." I hang my head down in shame.

"Min Seo you raised me. Tell me what to do to make this better."

"I must be a complete failure if this is the person you turned out to be," she replied which broke my heart more. The closest thing I have to a mother and I disappointed her in the worst way possible. "There's nothing left to do because there's nothing left to fix. Jin said it himself." She walks out the same way Jin did.