Chapter 49

I rush Jin upstairs to my room as soon as I feel him go limp in my arms.

I place him on my bed and try to get him more comfortable. He starts groaning and struggles trying to sit up. His breathing staggers and his body shakes again. Jimin soon rushes in with water. "Have him take this. It'll put him to sleep," he says handing me a pill. "Everything was probably too much for him to take in. He should rest for now."

Jimin waits for Jin to swallow the pill and leaves. I crouch down next to Jin and take his hand in mine. "You'll be fine baby. I'm sorry this is happening to you," I mutter out bringing his hand against my lips and start kissing his knuckles.

"I'm sorry," I hear Min Seo say from the door.

I look up at her with a raised eyebrow, confused at her apology. "What are you sorry about?"

"Everything. Jin grew up without his brother. Eun-jae wasn't able to see her first born grow. She held him once and never saw him again. And you," she says cupping my face. "I let you be around and punished by that horrible witch. That time she took you away I feared that she might've killed you. I was a coward that didn't protect you. You went through hell with her. Both you and Namjoon did. Both of you grew up without the love of a mother, because of me," she sobs.

I place my hands over hers and squeeze them. "You were only trying to keep everyone safe from Seoyun. And you're wrong," I reply. "Namjoon and I did grow up with motherly love. Your love. You were always there. Through our every success and failure. Through our happiness and heartbreak you always made it clear that you would never leave us. You never favored one over the other and always showed your love for us equally. You took care of Eun-jae's kids as if they were your own and I know that Eun-jae would be grateful to you for that. And as for me. You did no wrong to me. I always viewed you as my mom instead of Seoyun, I just wasn't allowed to call you that." I wipe her tears and pull her into my embrace. "I love you, Mom," I whisper causing her grip on me to tighten.

We pull away and she starts looking around, her gaze stops on Jin laying on my bed. "He's going to need you when he wakes up."

"I know."

"I can tell he still loves you. If he decides to give you another chance, know that it's the last one he'll give you," she says as she brushes his bangs away from his face. "I'll be sure of it," she hisses glaring at me.

"I'm starting to wonder if I even deserve another chance," I sigh and sit down at the end of my bed. "I've only brought him heartbreak and misfortune."

"He doesn't see it like that. You had no idea who his mother was, and even if you did, you had nothing to do with what happened to her. It was all Seoyun's fault," she reaches for my hand. "As for the heartbreak," she pauses and turns to Jin still unconscious. "You broke his heart in a way that he'll probably never forget," I sigh as I look down on my bed ashamed, but she lifts my chin up with her fingers. "But you've also made him smile brighter than he ever has. You've brought so much joy into his life, and I know that although his mind is filled with the bad memories, the good ones still linger around. 

As his fake aunt who learned to love him as if he was my own I want nothing more than for you to stay away from him," she scowls smacking me on my arm. "As your mother, however, I want to lock you in a room with him until you make up. And as a human being who's made many mistakes, I hope that you've learned from yours and that he's willing to give you one last try."

"Thanks, Mom," I reach over to hug her.

"I love the sound of that," she replies. She gives me one last squeeze and leaves the room. Namjoon enters as she walks out.

"How is he?" He asks motioning at Jin. "He's fine. Jimin gave him a sleeping pill, so he could rest. How are you, though? About everything."

He walks over to my desk to take a seat. "Min Seo had told me everything several months ago, but I promised not to say anything until she was ready. She was the one who gave me the blacked out death certificate. Sorry about that."

"I understand," I reply. "Sorry about insinuating to Jin that something happened between the two of you when you were consoling him."

"No worries. I knew you were mad when you said it."

"I'm guessing you knew by then that you were brothers?"

His face morphs into one of disgust. "I knew we were brothers when Father and I when to check up on you over your 'argument'. We heard it all. It was unbelievable how fast we were able to get everyone out before they heard anything."

"Sorry about that," I mumble.

"I didn't even know what to do when I heard you two going at it. I was stuck between wanting to give you a high-five for scoring, and chasing you out of your room like an older brother usually does." I chuckle at his internal dilemma.

"So what now?" I ask. "How do we move on from this?"

"Father is trying to locate Seoyun. Yoongi is trying to find a way to tie her to any illegal activity, and I think I know how I can help her do that."

"How?"

"Tae, she killed your high school boyfriend. That's how she got me to stop looking for you. She told me she'd kill you too if I didn't let it go." I had a feeling he was killed when I found out she was capable of killing, but I still had hope that she had just scared him off, instead. "Don't blame yourself. That woman is crazy."

"I know," I reply. "How are you going to tie her to it?" 

"The man she ordered to dispose of the body was fired a couple years ago. From what I heard, it wasn't a civil decision. If we can find him and get him to turn her in, she'll at least be arrested for that murder." I nod my head in agreement, and start feeling movement behind me. I look back and Jin is lifting himself up to sit.

"If you don't mind, Tae, can I have a few minutes to talk with Jin?" I nod my head and stand up.

"I'll be back later with food. Don't try to exert yourself," I say to Jin and leave the room.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's not a lot and it's been a while, but I hope you enjoyed the chapter. In case anyone is starting to get impatient due to the lack of Taejin in my recent chapters, they will be coming soon. Thank you💜