Prologue

Kim Seok-Jin POV

"Have a safe trip. I love you." I say as I embrace my mom in a tight hug.

"I love you too, and don't worry, I will." she replied tightening her grip on me. "I'm going to miss you so much"

"I know I mean who wouldn't miss this handsome face." I chuckled as I made a gesture at my face with my hand. "But calm down mom, you're only going to be gone for a couple days. We'll get back to having our daily tea and gossip in no time, and I'll be waiting right here for you when you get back ready to talk about all the adventures you had with aunt Min-Seo."

"Oh right... you're aunt and I will have lots of fun this weekend." 

For some reason I was expecting her to beam with happiness about the thought of finally seeing her younger sister after fifteen years, but instead I saw a hint of worry in her eyes. As if she was hiding something. I shrugged it off quickly though. I assumed she was just nervous about not seeing her sister in so long. Maybe she's scared that they might not get along like they used to. Last time I saw aunt Min-Seo, I was eight. it was at my father's funeral. She stayed with us for a couple weeks after his passing to help with funeral arrangements and to look after mother, but then one day I came back from school to see she was gone. She didn't say goodbye or anything, she just packed up and left. I hadn't heard from her from her since. That is up until three weeks ago that mother announced that she would be visiting her in Seoul. It came as a shock, but I was happy she was finally doing something with her life other than work.

We stayed embraced in each other's arms for a while longer before I felt something wet drop my shoulder. I pulled mother back to see tears rolling down her face. "Are you sure nothing's wrong?" Worry evident in my voice.

She shakes her head "I'm sure it's just that this is the first time we're going to be apart since your father passed away." And she was right. Ever since dad died it was always just the two of us. We were a team. She would work all day while I was at school, and I would take care of the house chores along with making sure that there was food on the table by the time she got home. "Don't worry I'll be waiting right here when you get back." I placed one last kiss on her forehead as we heard a voice coming through the airport speakers.

'Flight 137 to Seoul will now begin to board. All passengers please make your way to gate 3B to check boarding passes.'

We gave each other one last hug before I watched her walk towards the staff who would be checking her boarding pass. She looked back one last time and waved mouthing an 'I love you' towards me. I respond with blowing a kiss before she disappeared. After almost thirty minutes the gate closed and I joined the families who were were sending off loved ones too. I waved to the plane along with everyone around me as we saw it take off.

That's when I felt it. The feeling of my stomach knotting. The feeling that something wasn't right. I could feel my chest tightening and my legs shaking. I felt my breath hitch as I process the sight in front of me. And then everything just went... dark.