Chapter 54

Michael bolted out the side doors towards the stables, Lucifer was grumbling and petting his horse's nose as Michael hurried up to him. The Crowned Prince stopped, put his hands on his knees and tried to catch his breath

"Michael?" Lucifer asked worry Lacing his voice as he looked around almost expecting danger to be chasing the Other Alpha.

"L-Lucifer." Michael swallowed standing up and he figured he had caught his breath enough to speak
"I needed to talk to you."

"Sit first." Lucifer muttered pulling a crate of potatoes over and setting Michael on it. "What's in the bag by the way?" He asked pointing to the satchel that Michael held clutched in his fist like a lifeline

"Oh. Uh food." Michael thrusted it towards Lucifer's face. He gave the blond a cheesy grin that reminded Lucifer a lot of Gabriel before continuing
"I wanted to speak with you before you headed off."

"I will return in time for the wedding, don't worry." Lucifer added with a roll of his eyes

"No. It has nothing to do with that." Michael swallowed as he searched for his words. Starting to regret coming out here without a plan, and only coming out here on instinct.
"You told me, that you would give your life for me. That I owned your life, mind, and-and heart" Michael held up a hand when Lucifer frowned and opened his mouth to speak, his face turning red "You told me if I wanted the sun in the sea, or the moon you would bring it."

"Get to the point Michael!" Lucifer finally blurted out, his voice coming out full of exasperation, or was it desperation? Michael didn't know

"The truth is Lucifer, if it weren't for this marriage, if peace wasn't on the line..." Michael stood and took Lucifer's hand in both of his, the other Alpha turned a deeper shade of red and his eyes widened
"If I could. I would set my crown down and leave. I would steal the stars from the sky, and ths moonlight from the sea for you. I know, it isn't normal to feel this way but-"

Lucifer's face filled with so many emotions he didn't know how to handle it, and Michael didn't know which one to decipher
"Michael don't not now. Not here." Lucifer's voice was desperate "Please Michael. Not like this. Don't put me through this. Don't speak it. It will only hurt us both worse to say it out loud." Lucifer mumbled his eyes dropping to Michael's hands around one of his, the blond Took his other hand and put it over Michael's "Please. It will only hurt me more for you to say it, than to never hear it uttered from your lips."

Michael shook his head and looked down at their hands, he couldn't look Lucifer in the face anymore. It hurt to much
"I've spent to long bottling it up Lucifer. I can't stand it any longer. I don't know how to fix any of this. With Dean I-I" Michael looked up and met Lucifer's wet amber gaze "I care for him, and I will Protect and provide for him, he will have all of me, except he will never have my heart. I will love the children Dean and I have, but a day will not pass by, that I do not wish it were you by my side."

"You utter bastard." Lucifed sniffed, a few tears slipped down his cheeks and he ignored them, his eyes locked with the conviction of ice in front of him "I told you not to say stuff like that. I told you, and you don't listen you utter dumbass." Lucifer huffed, wings shaking as he contained his emotions to the best of his ability "When I see you at the alter with him. I will wish it were I standing hand in hand with you. That it was I you will hold at night, that I will have your mind, body and soul, not just your heart. I will spend everyday protecting you as I have always done, and protecting your children and even Dean. That won't change. But now you've gone and said some things that change everything."

"So have you." Michael hiccuped as his own tears silently fell
"We can't take it back Lucifer. What's said is said."

"Michael, it hurts. It hurts so badly."

"I know. Trust me, I know."

There was silence between the two, not a word was spoken as the tears continued to fall.
The only noise was the trembling shuffle of Lucifer's feathers, and the light hiccups coming from Michael
"Come with me my King." Lucifer finally spoke and pulled Michael away from the horses and behind the stable building

"I am not your King Yet Lucifer."

"It doesn't matter. You are the ruler of my life already."

Michael smiled weakly but it quickly fell as the Prince sucked in a shakey breath. They were now behind the stables, away from any and all potentially prying eyes and over eager ears
"Why take me here Lucifer?" Michael whispered, worried to speak louder than a hushed tone

"Because. You are to be married, and to belong to another, I would not want prying eyes on us."

"But Why? Lucifer, please do not make this more difficult."

Lucifer leaned forward and kissed the Prince's forehead
"I'm a selfish person Michael. I would not want you tk marry another, without me knowing what your lips feel like on mine." The words were uttered into Michael's neck as the General nosed at his jaw "I want every kiss the Omega gives you, to remind you of what I could give you." Lucifer held Michael close to his body, both Alphas wings wrapped around eachother in a clashing dance of innocent white and bloody pink.

Michael closed his eyes and shook his head
"There isn't a day that goes by where I do not wonder what that is like myself Lucifer."

"Then wonder no more my King." Lucifer held Michael's chin as their lips met. And everything seemed to alot into place, as their hearts shattered like porcelain.