Chapter 40 - Serene

Third Person P.O.V

Everyone came into this world with some stocks. That stock ended before you die. Maybe Taehyung's stock of happiness ended at that time. He didn't even open his stock of pain all these days. He cried many times in his childhood but that was just in childish emotions. Taehyung's stock of pain opened on that day when he had to make a choice. He understood that he'll never get Jungkook in his life but he'll try till his last breath.

Jungkook called him at midnight on that very day. Taehyung picked up the call as he said to the elder, "You didn't sleep yet? You have office tomorrow."

"Jimin will handle tomorrow." Jungkook answered softly. Taehyung just hummed in reply as he looked outside of his window.

"Did someone tell anything to you?" Jungkook asked after a minute of silence and Taehyung told him everything that happened some hour before in his bedroom. Jungkook took a deep sigh as he said, "So. you have just two options to pick one."

Taehyung kept quite. Jungkook again asked, "What's your decision?" Taehyung kept quite like before and Jungkook also said nothing this time. He gave some time to the younger to think about the situation.

After some minutes of silence, Taehyung said, "I have to leave my family if I want to be with you. I can't do that." Jungkook smirked sarcastically at the answer but his inner feelings were stabbing him badly. He didn't cry, didn't show any emotions to Taehyung as he knew the answer already.

"I knew it." Taehyung closed his at that soft reply. He had no choice. He couldn't just leave his family like that. He loves his father, mother, Joonie and Jinnie more than himself.

"I love you but my parents did a lot of struggle to raise me and my brother in a very good environment kookie. I can't hurt them like this." Taehyung explained in his soft voice and Jungkook nodded his head as if Taehyung was before his eyes.

"But Tae, if you come to me they'll accept us someday. You'll hurt them for now but everything will be alright." Jungkook tried to convince though he knew there was no profit to do that.

"Family accepts everyone at last, maybe not once or at a time. So we think that all will go well. But what exactly happens kookie? Parents' feelings never go away. No, maybe when they see the child's face, they accept them. But the wound remains inside always." Taehyung bit back as he answered Jungkook's words.

Tae, you became so mature! I should've thought that before. Why didn't I think like that?

Taehyung asked when he noticed that Jungkook wasn't saying anything, "Kookie? Say something?"

"I have nothing to say. You do what you think is best for you." Jungkook said normally. He felt nothing. It felt like everything died inside him.

Everything went like this, they talked every day. And every time their words ended at "How are you and how was your day". After that, they just held the phone for sometimes and then hung up the phone.

Jungkook made no fun as he used to do before and Taehyung also couldn't find any words to say. They were together but there was no happiness between them.

After a few days, they were talking over the phone as usual and at some point, Jungkook became angry because of something as he said, "Huh! You're sacrificing your life for whom? for them? I've never seen such a nasty family in my life."

Taehyung was surprised to hear that as he said, "What did you say?"

"I said the truth! For your family, their ego is the main priority. Your happiness means nothing to them." Jungkook spat as he said bitterly. Taehyung's eyes filled with water as he said nothing and cut the call.