Clash

Ben was exhausted. With strikes from both directions, he was wasting energy blocking and creating more space between them. He knew with one Knight constantly at his back, the next mistake would likely be fatal. He was simply too weak to defend himself much longer.

He had to make a sacrifice to eliminate one of the fronts. He felt Corran swing his weapon high to strike it down from above, and Kyp stabbed forward with the intent to impale him, but the angle suggested the hit would not be center mass.

Ben risked it.

Instead of blocking high against the strike coming down from above, then attempting to push off and deflect the strike from behind him, he let the one behind him come. He flipped his grip on the lightsaber so that the blade pointed behind him. Before Corran could pull his downward strike, Ben swung his arm across his body, bisecting Corran's unprotected abdomen. He immediately felt a searing jolt as Kyp's blade from behind him made contact.

"No!"

He heard a scream echo across the skyway. He had twisted his body for the strike, so the saber had only stabbed him in the far-right side. He cried out in pain and swung his arm back to the left as he turned to block another attack. Slashing wide, the others jumped back, and he gave himself space to take stock of the situation. As he quickly glanced around Kyp in search of the owner of the voice, another explosion rocked the ship.

Jaina had turned and was advancing upon a figure that stood at the other end of the skyway. A figure holding a purple saberstaff. His heart sank.

Rey! How is she here? She was safe on the Falcon! She should be off this destroyer by now! He snapped from his thoughts when he was forced to hastily deflect a strike by Kyp. Knocked off balance, he stumbled backward.