Chapter 33: Carmelita and Ashla Go Shopping. Part 1

After the whole discussion of over rather-or-not assisting the new up-coming Cooper should have a better or not life than her mother. Carmelita and Ashla came to a compromise and decided that the baby should be given a better way of life.

The Next Day...

With Ashla now pregnant (waiting for her pregnancy cycle to begin), Royce begins his usual routine from collecting the Dante Scorpions Tails to re-stocking the meats and water. And only to also see Carmelita up when he began finishing up on stocking up on the necessities.

Carmelita: "You seem up and early? What's the reason to you being up and early?"

Royce: "It's part of my morning-routine since I've been here in Ancient Arabia. And now that we have a Cooper, I mean child coming anytime soon, I might need to pull double-duty just to keep up with the food comin in and to feed the family. Guess I can finally get to working, right? Ha ha."

Carmelita: "So you're really pulling your own weight now that you're raising a family?"

Royce: "Yep! And usually my wife: Ashla is the one that is taking care of me and I'm pretty sure she doesn't need to stress over another person as well, know what I mean, Carmelita?"

Carmelita: "I guess... but that's what family does..."

Royce: "You have children?"

Carmelita: "No, just some colleagues I met in the Force before I met Sly. That, and I started dating him."

Royce: "OKay... So... what brings you up and early?"

Carmelita: "Shopping with your wife, she needed help with bringing a new Cooper into the world and prepping for it, rather it be he or she."

Royce: "Well then... um." Royce was trying to come up with an excuse only to get a terrified wake up call (surprise) from his wife whom happily said "good morning" to her and kissed him on the side of his cheek.

Ashla: "Well look who's up and early this morning! My little human doing alright," Ashla then looks towards Ms.Fox for reassurance, "Is he doing alright, Carmelita?"

Carmelita: "Yes Ashla, he's MORE than alright, claims that he has done all his usual preparations, man, the breakfast is good!" seeing that Carmelita was up before Royce was and eating a little, "Not going to lie, good help and great Scorpion Tails I gotta say! Anyway, you up for our little shopping, Mrs.DeBarry?"

Ashla: "I am," Ashla exclaims as she returns back towards the Master Bed-room before getting into her civilian-ware which easily concealed her body while it slowly over time made way for a new child being brought into the world, "Royce, what do you think about this?" Ashla called out to her husband as he immediately came into the room quickly and quietly.

Royce: "It looks..." Royce looks at his wife in silence, before stating his opinion, "I think it looks pretty good on you, even with the small bulge in your stomach." he told his wife making light joke which Carmelita found somewhat offensive and slapped him, "OW! What did I do?!" this in turn confused Ashla seeing Royce and the Vixen bicker and argue.

Carmelita: "You don't make fun of a woman, especially if she's pregnant!"

Royce: "If you're implying that I was calling her 'fat' then you're wrong. What she's going through is a beautiful process, (and it's painful) and I would NEVER insult a lady like that! NEVER!," Royce said, losing some of his patience but was still able to keep his cool, "Now then, you ladies go have fun and go shopping!"