Chapter 46: Time To Investigate.

After receiving his gear from the Mysterious Receiver, Royce requested the help from Siamese Cat Guard 4, and the Komodo Dragon.

Royce: "First of all, I need to know your names."

Siamese Cat Guard 4: "Tosha, it's Tosha."

Royce: "And yours." Royce says, looking towards the Komodo Dragon.

Komodo Dragon: "JD."

Royce: "Alright Tosha, JD, we've got a mission to accomplish! First of all, I want to pay your final respects to ANY family members you still have, and grab anything that will help you in the field and I mean ANY; that includes any cold-resistant clothing, food, special drinks, Charms, anything, now go." Royce instructed both Tosha and JD as both Siamese Cat and Komodo Dragon went to their respected housing and made final arrangements.

This was before Ashla grabbed Royce's cheek and started speaking to him.

Ashla: "Now you wait here Mister," Ashla said speaking with authority towards him, "I don't want this child to be raised without her father, understand?"

Ashla said to the 21-year-old human as she then proceeded to kiss him on the cheek.

Royce: "I can't promise I'll come back alive, but I WILL assure you, it's either this beast or I!"

Tosha: "Don't worry Ashla, JD and I will make sure he comes back alive."

Ashla: "You promise? Cause my baby needs her father."

Tosha: "I know what it feels like to be a mother, Captain, I want to make sure my son is safe never-the-less. So I~ never mind."

Ashla: "Just keep my husband alive. Or~ you know what? Just go!"

Once Ashla gives everyone the proper clearance to leave, Royce leads with JD and Tosha following close behind.

JD: "So... this Monster... how dangerous is it?"

Tosha: "We'll need to be quick on our feet, right?" The Siamese Cat asked.

Royce: "Quick and VERY dangerous; so dangerous that it is adapted to the ice. That means we'll need to be quicker and hit harder. I can't stress this enough!"

JD: "What is Ice?"

Tosha: "We've never heard of this 'Ice' stuff."

Royce tried his best to resist face-palming himself, but knowing the climate, environment and seasons within just 3 days, he could see as to why the locals didn't know what Winter or what Ice was.

As soon as Royce and his "Team" approached the area where JD and Tosha last sighted the beast before leaving the area in fear.

Royce: "This is the area where you last sighted the Monster?"

JD: "This is the area..."

Tosha: "But where is the..." Tosha was about to finish her sentence but was interrupted by Royce as he was easily able to point out the Monster's location in all the snow, ice and frozen sand (if sand does actually freeze, or capable of freezing in fact!)

Royce: "Monster! Everybody scatter, and don't stop moving!"